4554Chicago Steppin', Jack Johnson vs. Ron Artest, Vendors Needed & more!

  • Shani Byard
    Dec 1, 2004
      We hope you had a relaxing Thanksgiving Holiday!
      We have many special events planned for you in the upcoming weeks.
      Also, keep us in mind for your Holiday Shopping List...

      "This venue has it all and is another perfect piece in the monopoly board of life, love, culture, art and music, that is Leimert Park" - LeRoy Downs

      Coming up at Lucy Florence...

      THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2

      CHICAGO STEPPIN' @ Lucy Florence!
      �MaK3 Dance Club After Work Chicago Stepping Mixer�
      7pm � 10pm in the Gallery
      Free Admission
      For more info: [213] 226-1935, Smoothsteppers@...

      SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4

      Breakfast by Roz
      Caterer extraordinaire from NBC & CBS!
      10am-1pm
      $6.50 per person - Open to the public
      Fill your tummies with the best breakfast in the village!

      Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable
      feat. Dr. Earl Ofari Hutchinson
      10am-1pm in the Gallery

      CHARLES DEVINS Calendar Signing
      Actor/Model, Charles Devins, from NBC Soap Opera, "Passions"
      will be signing his new, sexy calendar! Ladies, don't miss out.
      1-3pm in the CoffeeShop

      Ask Deanna!

      (Syndicated Advice Columnist, Author & Radio Host)
      Live Advice & Chat Sessions
      3-5pm in the Theatre
      Free to the public!
      www.askdeanna.com

      SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5

      Sunday Brunch Catered by Roz!
      $6.50 per person - Open to the public
      11am - 2pm

      ***MARK YOUR CALENDARS***

      THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16
      I've Known Rivers Documentary Screening & Discussion Series
      presented by FAMLI, Inc in association with Lucy Florence
      "The Black Male Athlete, Examining the Myth of the 'Super Nigga'"
      featuring:
      Jack Johnson vs. Ron Artest
      7pm -10pm in the Theatre
      $3 donation, Limited Seating
      Please RSVP to 310-491-3459 by Wed 12/15 @ 5pm.

      ***ANNOUNCEMENT: VENDORS NEEDED****
      Lucy Florence Holiday Shopping Bazaar!
      Hosted by: Warm Spirit
      Saturday, December 11 & Sunday December 12
      12noon - 6pm
      We are looking for vendors who have products that Stand Out and Make a Statement. We are looking for unique, one-of-a-kind items.
      For more info & vendor application, contact Yetta @ 213-413-1179 or email yetta@...

      SPECIALTIES TO TRY THIS WEEK AT LUCY FLORENCE:
      Richard's recommendation: Our ever popular Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Red Wine Vinegrette Dressing and A hot, steamy Whip Whip Mocoa to warm you up!

      If you are interested in booking a Networking Mixer, Reception, Fundraiser, Musical Performance, Play, Rehearsal Space, Business Presentation, Private Luncheon, Art Exhibit, Film Screening (on our new Big Screen Projector!), etc., at the New LUCY FLORENCE CULTURAL CENTER: Coffeehouse, Gallery & Theatre, contact Shani @ Urbanrising, 310-491-3459 or email: teamurbanrising@.... Ask about our scrumptious Catering Menu too!

      WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT THIS WEEK!

      RATE LUCY FLORENCE!
      Visit AOL's City's Best Coffeehouses at http://www.digitalcity.com/losangeles/bestcoffeehouses
      and enter your rating of Lucy Florence!

      LUCY FLORENCE
      3351 W. 43rd. St.
      Leimert Park Village
      Los Angeles, Ca. 90008
      p 323-293-1356 f 323-293-1276
      www.leflorencegallery.com
      Building Culture and Arts in Our Community

      UrbanRising

      Shani Byard, Producer

      ...the vehicle for our progressive urban culture

      Support Services for Independent Artists and Non-Profit organizations

      Promotions, Event Management, Photography & Television Production

      need assistance? new # ! 310-491-3459 f 310-491-3338