4060Re: [art_education] Art I - need help with drawing ideas

  • Kelli Denne
    Oct 1, 2004
      I have done a distorted grid drawing, where you skew the gridlines but you still have to follow the grid lines....the results are a lot of fun and the kids aren't so caught up with the fact that it doesn't look exactly like the picture.  They can still work with value and they can still learn to LOOK!  Along the same lines, an art teacher I know has done stretched faces where they use about a 6x18 piece of paper and stretch their portrait to fit.  They still have to learn to look and they can also apply value as well.
      Hope these help....it just kind of takes away the pressure of making their drawings look realistic, yet they still learn drawing techniques.

      Kelli Wilke
      Visit our website at manila.esu6.org/kelliw

      Do you Yahoo!?