25542Re: [art_education] classroom management

  • Colleen Chaps
    Nov 10, 2013
      I agree. It's hard, I teach a lot of freshman who are not motivated at a Catholic school on Chicago's south side. I found that allowing them to choose their topic (sports) they seem to get more motivated.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 10, 2013, at 5:27 PM, Robin Hartmann <muscles3@...> wrote:

      That's a tough age- I did a project where they  design " trading" cards, both front and back- after they design the cards,( girls liked it too), they get to trade them, like we did when we were kids.
      There are some very interesting facts about the history of the playing card as well-
      Good Luck!
      Robin Hartmann
      The New School Montessori
      Cincinnati, Ohio

      Sent from my iPad

      On Nov 9, 2013, at 11:28 PM, <inmystudio@...> wrote:

      I have a rotating art class that lasts 9 weeks, which all students must take. This semester the classes are all boys. The most challenging class is the 8th grade boys, over 25 in each class. They are talkative and loud, and all but a few are not interested in art. Most put very liittle effort into their artwork. It makes for a very disruptive environment. Has anyone had such a situation? Any suggestions on how to get a bunch of 8th grade boys interested in art?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic