25306Re: [art_education] Re: Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree

  • brenda robson
    Mar 28, 2013
      Ah, too bad. Thank you

      Brenda Robson

      On Mar 28, 2013, at 7:24 AM, "elizhiz" <eheisey@...> wrote:

      While having an AP coordinator and the like in place, the teacher is approved, not the school, for AP art. You must submit your own syllabus. If you go to College Board's website you will find tons of information. To get a class designed and approved and offered and scheduled usually takes a couple of years...

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

      > The school thats interested in me is already a qualified AP Art school so I think I'll be ok there.
      > Thanks
      >
      > Brenda Robson
      >

      > On Mar 25, 2013, at 11:51 AM, "Brandy" <bergiemoore@...> wrote:
      >
      > > You need to register on collegeboard.com and submit an *incredibly* detailed syallabus. They will approve or reject you. I taught an AP psychology course and have a BA, but frankly, I don't remember my level of education coming up in the process.
      > > I did try for an AP art studio class, and was rejected (several times ;(. They did not tell me why, and I just stopped trying. I got the Psychology course "ok" on the first try, so I don't know what to tell you there. Same person, same level of detail (I thought). Maybe it was the grader? I dunno. But that's the process- create a log-in, write it up, submit it, wait for approval. Wash and repeat.
      > > Good luck,
      > > Brandy
      > >

      > > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, yatesal@... <yatesal@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think you might need a Master's since they get college credit for the course, but I'm not sure. Your guidance office or teaching advisor would know.
      > > >
      > > > Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic