25086Re: [art_education] Paper dress design

  • Robin Hartmann
    Nov 12, 2012
      I saw an article on a craft site where you can use duct tape to create a mannequin the exact size you need. I think you put Saran Wrap on the person, and then use duct tape, cut it up the back and retake and stuff.i would do an Internet search, or checkout Pinterest - good luck!
      Robin Hartmann

      Sent from my iPad

      On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:01 AM, "ayalafart" <ayalafart@...> wrote:

      Dear artists and art teachers
      I have a student who is passonate about dress designing. I would like to feed her passion. We are a small school with little with regards to resources but in an effort to help out, I started to research. I saw many images online of dresses made from paper. My student got real excited and wants to attempt this ! My question to you all is " what now"? I'm a typical 2d artist and art teacher. I have no clue when it comes to fashion. I also feel that if and when I get this ball rolling many others will want to follow suit. Any suggestions? Books? Etc. I'm currently seeking a mannequin. This is proving to be a challenge.

      Thanks
      Frank

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic