25050RE: [art_education] help with fabric collage

  • Denise Pannell
    Oct 1, 2012

      I had an Artist in Residence who taught the kids to make a fabric collage. The theme was the Wetlands (due to where the school is located) and each student drew either an animal or plant from the region. They drew on white paper, traced on to Wonder Under, and that was ironed to the back of the fabric. They then cut out their fabric shapes and these were ironed to the background fabric and quilted. I hope this makes sense! I do have photos that I can share, if wanted. The panels turned out stunning!

      Denise Pannell

      Subject: [art_education] help with fabric collage

       Hi everyone,

      I am looking for a lesson which would use fabric (I recently acquired a lot of fabric pieces). I was thinking of a fabric collage of some sort. Any ideas for the middle school level)????

      Switch to:

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic