237New to the group

  • ladyada76
    Dec 4, 2002
      Hello to all

      I am new to the group and wanted to take a moment to introduce
      myself. I am an artist, specializing in photography, graphic
      design and bookmaking. I reside in New York City and I am
      pondering a huge career change. For the past three years I have
      been working in children's book publishing, involved with the
      creative aspects of the industry and also working on my creative
      projects in photography in my spare time. I realized that
      corporate world is not for me. I long to do something that makes
      the difference, that inspires...I always dreamed on being an art
      teacher and I feel that the time had come to make a big leap in
      that direction. I am presently researching NYS teacher test
      requirements (I am interested in teaching at a Jr High and High
      School level). I have BFA in Photography, Minor in Art History with
      a very strong fine art backgroud. I joined this group because I
      wanted to meet other teachers, who have been working in the
      field of Art Education and hear about your experiences, how did
      you started to teach, what is required to teach art (I do not have
      any teaching experience, but I do have strong portfolio
      demonstrating my skills) I am looking forward to getting to know
      you all.

      Ada
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic