191Re: [art_education] art therapy

  • crasm@aol.com
    Jun 2, 2002
      I'm a seasoned art teacher and no suburb schools will hire me because I have too many years of experience.  It is unfortunate that the Districts value beginners because they are cheap and inexperienced.  The state I live in cries out  there is a shortage of teachers but will not look at the discrimination -----money,experience,age.

      Once a teacher has taught over 3 years, they are locked into a job .  Otherwises, they are unmarketable.  It is appalling and disgraceful!

      Sincerely,

      A disenchanted teacher!
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic