Publication: Environmental sensitivities - Canadian Human Rights Commission policy document

  • deborah barrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2007
      The Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHCR) has released its policy on environmental sensitivities and as arsenic poisoning is one way of developing such sensivities I thought the group might like to see what it had to say. Education if the key to change and we can clearly see that reflected by action here. Take care everyone and please keep safe.

      Deborah
      _________________

      Dear AEHAQ members,

      The Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHCR) has released its policy on Environmental Sensitivities, which is available at:

      http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/legislation_policies/policy_environ_politique-en.asp?lang_update=1

      This is following the reports that were commissioned:

      The Medical Perspective on Environmental Sensitivities:

      http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/pdf/envsensitivity_en.pdf

      Accommodation for Environmental Sensitivities: Legal Perspective:

      http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/pdf/legal_sensitivity_en.pdf

      You can obtain a copy of these reports at no charge by calling:

      1-888-214-1090 then select 'publications.'

      It is very important to let the CHRC know that we fully support their policy and reports. Please also thank the CHRC for commissioning this work and taking the important step of issuing a policy statement.

      You can email the CHRC at: knowledge.center@...

      Thank you!

      Rohini Peris
      President
      Allergy and Environmental Health Association of Quebec
      6 Trianon
      Dollard-des-Ormeaux
      Quebec H9A 2H8
      Tel: (514) 683-5701