Query: GW As Jharkhand districts?

  • Arbind Prasad
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2007
      Arsenic crisis is not confined to Bangladesh or West Bengal only. It has been reported in some districts of Jharkhand also.

      Can any one tell me the name of the districts of Jharkhand where arsenic has been found above the prescribed limit i.e. 0.05mg/l?

      Arbind Prasad
    • Saroj Chapagain
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        Dear Members

        Our preliminary study hints at the possibility of formation of arsenic sulfides (groundwater shows: strong reduced condition, high dissolved organic carbon and lower sulfate level).

        In such conditions we would like to make some confirmative test.

        Are there field test methods or any suitable methods?

        I would be grateful for suggestions.

        Sincerely Yours

        Saroj Chapagain

        Yamanashi University, Japan