Announcement: Final call for abstracts: As session Geol. Soc. Am. 2006

  • Suiling Wang
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      Kaye Savage (Vanderbilt University), Andrea Foster (U.S. Geological Survey),
      Prosun Bhattacharya (Royal Institute of Technology [KTH]-Sweden) and I are
      convening a topical session entitled "Distribution of Arsenic and Related
      Metalloids in Surface and Ground Waters: Controls and Challenges" at the 2006
      Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America. The meeting will take
      place in Philadelphia, October 22-25, 2006. This session, which is co-sponsored
      by the GSA Hydrogeology Division, the GSA Geobiology and Geomicrobiology
      Division, Geology and Health Division, and the Geochemical Society. The
      abstract deadline is July 11;

      Invited speakers who have agreed to participate include Dr.Yan Zheng (Queens
      College/Columbia University), Dr.Peter Ravenscroft (Cambridge University), and
      Stephen Peters (Leigh University).

      We welcome volunteered oral or poster presentations on a broad spectrum of
      topics, including case histories of contamination, laboratory- and field-based
      studies of arsenic cycling, and possible strategies for remediation. GSA
      membership is not required to participate, although members receive a discount
      on the registration fee. Abstracts must be submitted on-line at

      http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2006AM/top/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=18041

      Select a discipline as "hydrogeology".

      The times and date(s) of the session will be determined in early August. Please
      note that abstracts will be subject to review and that a single person cannot
      be listed as the speaker on more than one volunteered abstract, except for
      poster presentations in geoscience education or public policy.