Personal message: The As crisis needs a face

  • deborah barrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 7:35 PM
      Hi everybody,

      I am sorry in taking so long to reply but I have had a particularly hard time for a few months. I pulled way too much metal from the sulfate in my magnesium shots for the treatment of spasm and have done little work.

      The pulling of the metal fogs my brain and causes a depression and apathy as my body tries to deal with re-circulating toxins. They had to be discontinued.

      I was astounded when I read this letter [msg #477 from Fakrul Islam].

      Here is a person half a world away praying for me and who recognizes my name and connects it with arsenic poisoning.

      The simplicity of that message should effect us all.

      We need a face, a name that people can look at and say, people are sick and dying of arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh and India.

      Perhaps that seems like using someone or taking advantage of their suffering but it is really only being honest.

      In the last 2 years almost five million pieces of data have been given out from my website. I did not have a counter in the years before that. I am one person, not an organization, not even a professional. I am simply someone who has tried to change a tragedy into something to help others.

      Surely the same can happen if someone emerges to speak out who has suffered there.

      I have been educating musicians about the crisis there and they are beginning to show interest.

      Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.

      Take care and please keep safe.

      Deborah

      Deborah Elaine Barrie
      4 Catherine Street
      Smiths Falls, ON
      Canada K7A 3Z8
      (613)284-8259
      deborahbarrie @ hotmail.com
      http://www.noccawood.ca
      subscribe to list service at website
      http://www.myspace.com/deborahelainebarrie
    • Partho Datta
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 3:46 AM
        I cannot imagine anyone better than Deborah as the face of this
        enormous tragedy. Please, Deborah, try not to feel embarrassed but
        I really cannot think of any better.

        Partho Datta
      • iqbal zuberi
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5 7:57 PM
          Dear Debbie,

          Like our good friend Partho, I too have very little to say. The
          enormous pains and suffering you have taken for none of your fault
          can never be compensated. Even then you have all the courage to
          face it and you extend your help to millions others like you, for
          example, the poor affected people of arsenic contaminated areas of
          the world.

          May God bless you!

          Zuberi