New unfriendly Yahoo Groups UI -> arsenic-crisis to move or close?

  • weinhc2
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2013
      Dear all,

      I just logged in to arsenic-crisis to moderate a pending post.

      And I got a rather unpleasant surprise.  Yahoo Groups has launched a new user interface, without advance notice to moderators.  I didn't receive any, at least.

      At first glance, the new interface gives a rather unpleasant impression of yahoo's possible intentions... in that key features have been removed, such as the ability to export the full member list; edit pending messages; and back up the message archive.

      Therefore I will be looking for options to migrate the group elsewhere, or close it down.  Your comments and suggestions are most welcome - send them to arsenic-crisis@yahoogroups.com, but I will just read them myself and not post them out to the group.

      Regards

      Sara Bennett
      Moderator