Re: ARR ICC cabooses

  • jdkuehn80127
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      Curt,

      I believe they are all retired now. As I recall the ARR put at least two of them, I don't remember the numbers up for sale. Check John's website in the news archives and you will see some items about their retirement and sale. Perhaps one of them is still on the roster for M of W work or something. I was surprised to see them up for sale. I think they still have one or two of the ex-CN cabooses on the roster.

      Sorry this is more anecdotal than factual, but John's website has more specific information.

      Jason Kuehn

      --- In arrrailfans@yahoogroups.com, arrphoto <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Okay, I've not kept my roster current. Are the ICC cabooses (1085, 1086, and 1087) still on the roster? If not, what were the dispositions. A search of messages didn't find anything.
      >
      > Curt Fortenberry

    • jdkuehn80127
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        Curt,

        1085 and 1087 were retired and put up for sale this year. I don't know when 1086 was retired, but I think it was a couple of years ago. According to the equipment circular from 8/18/08 posted on John's website the only caboose on the roster is 1092 - an ex CN caboose. It looks like the other cabooses retired this year were 1074, 1091, and 1084