Re: Cherry Pick

  • Rusmin
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 1999
      Thanks for replying. For a 6 inch farm-raised, US$420-450 and 10 inch for
      US$450-500. For the wild caught one, it varies. A 6 inch can cost from
      US$420 and up.

      rus..

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 1999
        >Thanks for replying. For a 6 inch farm-raised, US$420-450 and 10 inch for
        >US$450-500. For the wild caught one, it varies. A 6 inch can cost from
        >US$420 and up.
        >
        >rus..

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 1999
          One thing Rusmin, how are you going to transport the arowana over?
        • Rusmin
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 1999
            No matter where u r, all my fishes are transported by air. Fishes r packed
            2-4 hours prior to the flight's departure. This is to minimize death.

            rusli.
            >One thing Rusmin, how are you going to transport the arowana over?

          • David R
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 3, 1999
              >From: "Rusmin" <ruscool1@...>
              >
              >No matter where u r, all my fishes are transported by air. Fishes r
              packed
              >2-4 hours prior to the flight's departure. This is to minimize death.
              >
              >rusli.
              How far do you ship the fish?? I live in New Zealand and I'd really like
              an asian arowana, but I've never seen one over here. Could you give me
              an indication of prices for the fish and shipping.
              Thanx, David
            • Rusmin
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 3, 1999
                Wow New Zealand? I think you better check with your local authority, whether
                you can import these fishes into your country, cos some countries (like USA)
                restrict the importation of these fishes. Anyway, my fishes cost:
                (1) 6inch (15cm) red tail gold (RTG) = US$270-300.
                (2) 6 inch 1st grade red (farm-raised) = US$420-450.
                (3) 6 inch 1st grade red (wild-caught) = US$420 and up.
                6 inch is the minimum size for export and each fish comes with it's own
                certification. All fishes will be shipped by plane. My minimum order is
                30-50 fishes (but i can lower that number at times) As for the shipping
                charges, I need to find out about that cos i never send any to NZ before.
                Thanks for your reply anyway, hope to hear from you soon!!

                rusli!
                >>No matter where u r, all my fishes are transported by air. Fishes r
                >packed
                >>2-4 hours prior to the flight's departure. This is to minimize death.
                >>
                >>rusli.
                >How far do you ship the fish?? I live in New Zealand and I'd really like
                >an asian arowana, but I've never seen one over here. Could you give me
                >an indication of prices for the fish and shipping.
                >Thanx, David

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 3, 1999
                  Do you have any colour other than red?
                • Rusmin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 3, 1999
                    Hi chris, I have 1st grade red and RTG. Yes i do have other colors, but i
                    won't be exporting them, cos of it'll not be worth it to export arowanas
                    other than the red! Thanks for your interest.

                    rusli.
                      >Wow New Zealand? I think you better check with your local authority,
                      whether
                      >you can import these fishes into your country, cos some countries (like
                      USA)
                      >restrict the importation of these fishes. Anyway, my fishes cost:
                      > (1) 6inch (15cm) red tail gold (RTG) = US$270-300.
                      > (2) 6 inch 1st grade red (farm-raised) = US$420-450.
                      > (3) 6 inch 1st grade red (wild-caught) = US$420 and up.
                      >6 inch is the minimum size for export and each fish comes with it's own
                      >certification. All fishes will be shipped by plane. My minimum order is
                      >30-50 fishes (but i can lower that number at times) As for the shipping
                      >charges, I need to find out about that cos i never send any to NZ
                      before.
                      30-50 fishes!! I was just after one for my new tank. I don't think
                      there's a big market for them over here, we've only got 3.5 million
                      people and I've only ever seen 3 blacks and 5 silvers for sale. Do you
                      have any other colour strains, like greens or yellows??
                      Thanks, David
                    • Rusmin
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 4, 1999
                        Hi David, yes i have greens and yellows too, but they don't worth as much
                        which is why i didn't offered u those. Anyway, just mail me if u need
                        anything!

                        rus..

                      • julianne_h@xxxxxxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 4, 1999
                          >From: "Rusmin" <ruscool1@...>
                          >
                          >Wow New Zealand? I think you better check with your local authority,
                          whether
                          >you can import these fishes into your country, cos some countries (like
                          USA)
                          >restrict the importation of these fishes. Anyway, my fishes cost:
                          > (1) 6inch (15cm) red tail gold (RTG) = US$270-300.
                          > (2) 6 inch 1st grade red (farm-raised) = US$420-450.
                          > (3) 6 inch 1st grade red (wild-caught) = US$420 and up.
                          >6 inch is the minimum size for export and each fish comes with it's own
                          >certification. All fishes will be shipped by plane. My minimum order is
                          >30-50 fishes (but i can lower that number at times) As for the shipping
                          >charges, I need to find out about that cos i never send any to NZ
                          before.

                          Rusmin,
                          I live in Texas, and I would LOVE to have a red arowana. Is there anyways that I can get around the restrictions since I live in the US?

                          Thanks,
                          Julianne
                        • Rusmin
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 4, 1999
                            Hi Julianne, if you seriously want to get asian arowanas, try applying the
                            license from your local DNR or related dept...there's a guy from hawaii who
                            tried to apply, but haven't hear from him yet!! the other way is try finding
                            in the black market...but haven't heard anyone selling in Texas yet...so gd
                            luck to u...

                            rusli