Best pellets for aro

  • m_acamar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2005
      Hi, Just wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best pellet for
      an aro. Is the AZOO 9-in-1 Arowana Sticks or the Hikari or Newbreed
      Hilite better?

      Plus is the GEO-LIQUID MINERAL MAGIC FOR AROWANA and AZOO Arowana
      Water Treatment good? Does anyone know the pro and cons?

      We're also thinking of putting in driftwood in the tank. I am afraid
      the driftwood may be sharp and will hurt the aro. The water is very
      hard where we're at, so we heard its good to put driftwood in.
      ANy information would be helpful. Thanks!
    • zohri
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2005
        I use, tetra arowana pallets and tetra aro vital (vitamins supplement).

        Stop using Geo Liquid for about a year. what's your purpose for using it? Clear water? If that's it, suggest you check your filtration. A good filtration will ensure clear clean water.

        For hard water use water softener, I use JBL Biotopol Plus or Hagen's Aqua Plus.

        Hope this helps

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
          HI GUYS !

          Anyone interested to buy my silver arowana ?

          SPECIFICATION & INCLUSION

          a.)    FISH : Silver Arowana
          b. )   SIZE : 28 INCHES
          c.)    AGE : 2yrs. & 6months
          d. )   AQUARIUM : LENGTH: 20   WIDTH : 36 CAPACITY : 40GALLONS
          e.)    SUBMERSABLE PUMP WITH FILTER
          f. )    Flourecent Lamp with 2 outlet

          PRICE : Php 7,000.00

          thank you.

          PS. please see attached the picture of my arowana

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Deon Brits
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2005
            just get some peat granules from your local petshop
            and take a stocking to use as a bag and then ut that
            in your filter. After about 2 or 3 days your water
            will have a yellow shine, but your aro will be very
            happy. o yeah, just rinse the granules off in some hot
            water before you put it in. As far as the pellets is
            concerned, rather feed crickets and stuff, coz pellets
            messes up your water if the fish dont eat it all, and
            then you will suffer the same losses as i did whilst
            someone else looked after my fish, i lost a whole tank
            of fish inc my two beautiful baby aros, good luck

            http://mail.yahoo.com