Re: Help Green Water

  • caa9335
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Your water turned "crystal-clear" green, or do you mean "moldy-
      green"? I've never experienced this kind of problem, but there are
      additives that makes the algae or dirts in the water to co-agulate,
      thus enabling them to be filtered out more efficiently. Maybe you
      want to try them? There are also the "stop-algae" medicine - it
      prevents algae from forming in the tank. Adding salt to the water
      also helps. That's all i know. Good luck.

      --- In arowana@yahoogroups.com, "phtommie2" <phtommie2@y...> wrote:
      > Hi I have a 14 inch Black Arowana in a 100 gallon tank that turned
      > green two weeks ago. This problem occured right after i cleaned
      one
      > of my two filter pads. I then changed 50% of the water but it
      > turned greenier!! I cant seem to know wat is going on. The
      arowana
      > now has cloudy eyes but it is still eating now and then. Does
      > anyone know wat my situation is? Please advise...
    • Ben Singh
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
        My tank turned green when I moved. Apparently the city started adding some
        phosphate to the water. I tried lots of stuff but this algae is really
        small. I finally just added a UV sterilizer to the filter plumbing. Worked
        great.

        Ben
        Your water turned "crystal-clear" green, or do you mean "moldy-
        green"? I've never experienced this kind of problem, but there are
        additives that makes the algae or dirts in the water to co-agulate,
        thus enabling them to be filtered out more efficiently. Maybe you
        want to try them? There are also the "stop-algae" medicine - it
        prevents algae from forming in the tank. Adding salt to the water
        also helps. That's all i know. Good luck.

        --- In arowana@yahoogroups.com, "phtommie2" <phtommie2@y...> wrote:
        > Hi I have a 14 inch Black Arowana in a 100 gallon tank that turned
        > green two weeks ago. This problem occured right after i cleaned
        one
        > of my two filter pads. I then changed 50% of the water but it
        > turned greenier!! I cant seem to know wat is going on. The
        arowana
        > now has cloudy eyes but it is still eating now and then. Does
        > anyone know wat my situation is? Please advise...

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Foo Chee Mun
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
          Hi , heres my 2 cents or maybe 1 sen :P , anyway.. green water
          normaly acours when there is sunlight and lots of shit in the water .
          I normaly make my own green water to feed my daphnia cultures .

          Foo