Re: Arowana Exportir

  • maneuverable@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2003
      --- In arowana@yahoogroups.com, fullofpoopp@a... wrote:
      > thanks for the reply , would it be the same in the U.S.A.

      Hey i know for sure at this time of season here in USA we have lots
      of Aros.. NYC here are selling lots of them tooo... lots of Silver
      aro, little baby Jardini also. they go for 30$ 3"-60$ 5" and silvers
      are 9-13$ 3" depending on which LFS you go to.
    • Foo Chee Mun
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2004
        Hi , the eye problem is easy to solve . Poor water quality . Change
        the water fequantly and it will do better .

        Foo

        --- In arowana@yahoogroups.com, "phtommie2" <phtommie2@y...> wrote:
        > Hi i have a 14 inch black arowana in a 100 gallon tank and for some
        > reason the water has turned green 2 weeks ago. It occurred right
        > after I cleaned one of two of my filter pads. Then I changed 50%
        of
        > the water and it turned greenier?? The water was crystal clear
        > before this event took place. Now the arowana has kinda cloudy
        > eyes, but it does eat now and then. After this letter i'm going to
        > do another water change. But does any one know my situation? Does
        > this happens when i cleaned the filter pads? Please advise...
        > thanks.
      • Ken Cheong
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi, wish to view photos of sample fishes.
          Thanks

          wanamarta178 <wanamarta178@...> wrote:
          Regard,
          We are Indonesia Exporter for many tropical fish.
          Our fish is arowana : Super Red,Chilli Blood Red,Golden Red,Banjar
          Red and Green Arowana.
          We have experience for 17 years.Our price are lower than any farm.
          Life fish guarantee.Please email me for more detail and photo of our
          fish.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • wong brian
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2004
            3.1.2004

            Green water does not mean your filter is not working it may be your water
            and cleaning pad is the generating source of this green matter which may not
            be bad for your arowana. One of the reason causing the eye problem is the
            manner in which the water was changed. Sometime frequent or abrupt water
            change will cause cloudy eye to the arowana. There are medication for such
            treatment of the eye problem as well as clearing the green stuff in the
            water source. You may consider adding a bit of rough salt in your tank to
            improve the eye problem (I think the purpose is that the salt content will
            stop the eye from getting worse by bacteria infection that is the old
            fashion way but there are plenty different kinds of medication these days
            though you have to consider whether the tank mates enjoy medication or not,
            for example, the plecos hate medications)

            Hope this is of some use.

            bw

            >From: "Foo Chee Mun" <bettaendlers@...>
            >To: arowana@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [arowana] Re: Help Green Water!!!
            >Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 05:10:18 -0000
            >
            >Hi , the eye problem is easy to solve . Poor water quality . Change
            >the water fequantly and it will do better .
            >
            >Foo
            >

            >--- In arowana@yahoogroups.com, "phtommie2" <phtommie2@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi i have a 14 inch black arowana in a 100 gallon tank and for some
            > > reason the water has turned green 2 weeks ago. It occurred right
            > > after I cleaned one of two of my filter pads. Then I changed 50%
            >of
            > > the water and it turned greenier?? The water was crystal clear
            > > before this event took place. Now the arowana has kinda cloudy
            > > eyes, but it does eat now and then. After this letter i'm going to
            > > do another water change. But does any one know my situation? Does
            > > this happens when i cleaned the filter pads? Please advise...
            > > thanks.

            No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
            http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp
          • ZZ
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
              Hi bro,

              its adviseable to maintian 0.1%-0.3%.
              100liters required for 100gm-300gm salt.

              -zz

              http://www.arowanaclub.com/ClubArticles/Calculator.htm
              > is this the right amount.
              > it says 500 gram for 100 liters of tank