Re: new arowana

  • Kudo28@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2000
      hi, well you will be surprised how fast aro's grow. If you feed live
      foods such as crickets, feeder fish, then u best better have a big
      tank for it. For instance I currently own three arrow's and they are
      growing fast. I have 2 silvers and they are about 14" big and only
      had
      them for 4 months now and they were 2.5" when i First got them. I
      also
      have a jardini and he is about a foot now( 2 mths only). Also
      depending how big your tank is cause the will grow to there
      environment but i heard sometime they do out grow tanks.

      Thank u, Kudo

      --- In arowana@egroups.com, "Larry Petty" <lspetty@h...> wrote:
      > I just purchased a new arowana, it is about 2.5 inches long. Never
      had one before, what should I be feeding it? Today I feed it freeze
      dried plankton.

    • j5mann <j5mann@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2003
        I just picked up a 55 gallon tank, and I want to get a silver
        arowana. The arowana I'll be getting from the local pet store is only
        about 2 inches long. What do I feed this guy when I first get him?

        I've had my tank set up for a about a week now, and my pH level is
        still at about 7.8/8.0. How do I get it down to a normal 7.0?

        Any other tips I should know about when I get my very first baby
        arowana?

        Anybody got any good names? :)