Re: [arowana] help!!!! my arowana's tails keeps surfacing!!!!!

  • Calvin Chan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2000
      1 way is to increase the temp to up to 32 Degrees Celsius , 0.3 % salt and
      anti-biotics. This method worked on my red. Regarding the anti-bio,
      tetracycline seemed to have better effect. However it's good to change
      about 1/2 tank of water every 2-3 days with new dose of anti-bio, as they
      degenerate.

      let's hope for the best

      ----------
      > From: arowana@...
      > To: arowana@egroups.com
      > Subject: [arowana] help!!!! my arowana's tails keeps surfacing!!!!!
      > Date: Monday, May 01, 2000 11:50 AM
      >
      > hi anyone,
      >
      > pls help! i just noticed this morning that my silver arowana (about
      > 18 inches long) seems to act weird. it's as if she cannot control her
      > tail too well. it keeps surfacing, and i mean surfacing, a part of it
      > stayas on top of the water level.....even when she tries to swim, her
      > tail seems to always point upwards. what's wrong with her? anyone
      > knows a cure? it this a cause for alarm?
      >
      > thanks so much.
      > stipoy

      > Now the best and coolest websites come right to you based on your
      > unique interests. eTour.com is surfing without searching.
      > And, it's FREE!

    • Wesley Ignacio
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2000
        this is a known air bladder problem with arrowanas. I
        think i read a treatment on william's webpage. go to
        www.dragonfish.com Good luck oon your fishkeeping

        http://im.yahoo.com/