Which Scleropages grow the fastest?

  • Souvigna Phrakonkham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2000
      Are the S. formosus faster growing than the S. Jardini? Does anyone have
      their Arowana bigger than 24 inches? (60 CM)

      Has anyone have notes on how to hatch and raise arowona fry?

      The messages seems to have slowed to a crawl....I know that there are
      breeders in Singapore, can anyone give me names of some breeders in
      Indonosia, Malaysia....are there any in Thailand?

      Thanks a bunch...I am from Canada and farm bred Formosus are legal here.

      Currently I only one Jardini, I have been trying to get my fish store to
      bring in some more, but they have not come through for me this year. How
      are Jardinis in your market? Are they readily available? How much? Where?
      Thanks.

      Souvigna Phrakonkham
      www.3dmicro.mb.ca Business Site
      www.autobahn.mb.ca/~souvigna Piranha Information Exchange
      Gathering information on how to successfully Breed your piranhas.
    • Edwin Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
        Hi Souvigna,

        I don't think so... they seem to grow at the same rate. But the formosus
        is slightly broader and finnage is larger. I have seen S. formosus in
        excess of 2ft in Singapore. And I believe they do grow to nearly 3ft in
        the wild.

        >Are the S. formosus faster growing than the S. Jardini? Does anyone have
        >their Arowana bigger than 24 inches? (60 CM)

        The farms probably have such 'notes', but the main thing to note is to have
        a large enough pond or tank for them to mate and breed. After this, the
        male will not feed for another 2 months while he mouth-broods the fry.

      • CKCSF@xx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2000
          HI,

          I''m in San Francisco. Have u just opened an aquarium shop? Well,
          congratulation.
          I don;t know which specie grow faster. But if you are interested importing
          some Asians, I have a contact in Canada. (where is ur location?)If u r
          interested in import some Australian, I also know some breeder in Asia.

          Im not a dealer or seller anything like that. But, I surf on the net all the
          time, so I have many info regarding Arowanas.

          Mostly, Im just a Arowana fan like you and many others trying to the others.

          Regards,

          Chris Chou