Re: FREAK phenomena

  • Stefan Suarez
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 1999
      i already though of that... but i figured if he wanted to die, he would just
      stop eating... he's getting better now and moves around a lot... i don't
      really believe in euthanasia... he'll go when it's his time,...

      >From: sameer@...
      >
      >Dear Friend,
      >
      >I feel you should put your ARO out of misery. It's probably in a lot of
      >pain now. Do whats best for it.

    • Edwin Lee
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 1999
        Hi Stefan,

        We are all sorry to hear that. Catfishes are notorious for such hideous
        acts. My black aro got swallowed by a red-tail catfish too. It shocked
        both myself and my friend, and since then, no catfish has been allowed to
        live together with any prized fish.

        I will not advise what to do with the fish, as that will be your decision
        to make. But the fish will never be the same again, and you probably
        can't let it eat on its own.

        >i already though of that... but i figured if he wanted to die, he would just
        >stop eating... he's getting better now and moves around a lot... i don't
        >really believe in euthanasia... he'll go when it's his time,...
      • David R
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 1999
          >acts. My black aro got swallowed by a red-tail catfish too.
          How big was the red tailed cat and the aro?? I saw a red tailed cat at a
          fish shop once, it was only about 14", and it had a funny looking bulge by
          its right gill, when I asked what it was I was told that it has destroyed
          and eaten part of a canister filter!!
          David
        • Edwin Lee
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 1999
            The red-tail cat was about 14", and the aro 12". Just 2" shorter, and
            that huge fella managed to swallow it! They're like some huge vacuum
            cleaners, only thing is they can't differentiate what is supposed to be
            'cleaned' and what is not!