12Re: [AroostookCounty] James Keegan Van Buren Maine Aroostook Co.

  • Ann Keegan
    Jun 25, 2001
      > When James Keegan sailed from Dubin August 3, 1826
      > he arrived at L'Isle Verte (Greem Island in the St Laurence ) September
      15, 1826. James was rowed ashore
      > and spend the night at he house of Thomas Healy who had come down the
      river to meet James and some others.

      > I am seeking information on The Thomas Healy family, for they may know
      the name of the ship James traveled on.

      > James walked from Isle Verte to River de Loup and lived
      > there with the Hodgson family for a month.
      >
      > Would like to find the Hodgson family.
      >
      > James traveled through the wilderness with a man named Vaillancourt,
      who was going to build a gristmill on a
      > the stream, Violet Brook located in Van Buren, Aroostook Co. Maine. I
      would like to find the Vaillancourt family.

      > James arrrived in St Basil New Brunswick Canada on October 16,1826 on the
      day of the marriage of
      > Abraham Chapus to Marguerite Dube`, James was made welcome and joined the
      festivities
      > Would like informantion on the Dube` family.
      >
      > James bought his farm and the following year. In 1827 built his home. He
      first acquired work from this neighbor