10Aroostook Roll Call

  • storkrn
    Jun 24, 2001
      My family has roots in Aroostook County right up to the present time. The names I am researching right now are: MOOERS,
      MCGLINCHEY, DOW, SUTHERLAND, BUCK, FILLMORE. They all settled in or around Castle Hill, Mapleton, or Presque Isle after
      coming from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

      I am especilly seeking info on Adam MCGLINCHEY of Castle Hill (1850 census, age 25, single, laborer) and his spouse Zedilio
      (?) DOW (b. abt 1830, Houghton). Adam is shown as a landowner on a map of Castle Hill in 1877 but that and the 1850 census
      are the only traces of him. He is my gg grandfather and a major brick wall. Any help is appreciated.

      Sharyn (McGlinchey) Hay, Upland, CA