URGENT -- IRRADIATION LABELING LANGUAGE TO BE CONSIDERED ON OCTOBER 3

  • Natalie Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000
      The Congressional conference committee that will be considering weakening
      the labeling requirements on food that is treated with irradiation will
      meet on October 3, 2000 at 4:00 pm EDT. If you have not yet sent your
      faxes to the members of this committee, please access this site and send
      them as soon as possible:

      http://www.citizen.org/cmep/rad-food/takeaction/radfoodfax.htm

      If you would like to be removed from the radfood list, send an email to
      npetrie@... with the words "unsubscribe radfood" in the subject.

      To learn more about food irradiation, visit our website at
      www.citizen.org/cmep .

      Questions about the radfood list can be directed to npetrie@... .

      In addition to the radfood email list we have a stopirradiation email
      list. The stopirradiation list is our irradiated food discussion group
      list. This list allows participants discuss food irradiation through their
      postings to other subscribers to the list. It is moderated so there will
      be no excess of non-irradiated food related material. Subscribers to this
      list can expect frequent postings. To subscribe to the stopirradiation
      list send and email to cmep@... with the words "subscribe
      stopirradiation" in the subject. To unsubscribe send an email to
      cmep@... with the words "unsubscribe stopirradiation" in the subject.