You may have secrets, but you are not a secret -- NSA and leakers

  • James Nimmo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2013

      clip  As a result of all this, we face a strangely contradictory future in which ever more draconian regimes of secrecy will confront the urge for ever greater transparency. President Obama came into office promising a “sunshine” administration that would open the workings of the government to the American people. He didn’t deliver, but Bradley Manning, Edward Snowden, and other leakers have, and no matter how difficult the government makes it to leak or how hard it cracks down on leakers, the urge is almost as unstoppable as the urge not to be your government’s property.

      You may have secrets, but you are not a secret—and you know it.

      http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_making_of_a_global_security_state_20130618//