!b_a_Act: 5/1 MAYDAY Justin Herman Plaza

  • Msdarkstar1@angelfire.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      --- In bay_area_activist@y..., Planttrees@a... wrote:

      http://www.xinet.com/rts

      Subject: Act: Prepare to Hit the Streets on Mayday!

      Tuesday, May 1st.

      After months of planning, Mayday is rapidly approaching. Sound
      systems
      and bands have been lined up, decorations prepared, thousands invited,
      the only thing left is for us to take to the streets tomorrow night.

      Tuesday May, 1st, 5:30 PM, Justin Herman Plaza (Market and
      Embarcadero,
      in SF). Please be on time, as we'll be marching from the plaza to our
      party reclamation spot. If, for some reason, you show up late, our
      voicemail will have the party location posted sometime after 6 PM.
      Hope
      to see you all there!!!!!!!!!

      Earlier on Mayday, there will be a very important protest in
      solidarity
      with Canadian anti-globalization organizer Jaggi Singh. Jaggi was
      grabbed off the street shortly before the anti-FTAA protests and is
      currently being held without bail. If the authorities can hold Jaggi
      without protest, any one of us could be next. Protesters will be
      gathering at 3:30pm at Market and Montgomery Streets and marching to
      the
      Canadian Consulate. The protest will be over in time for folks to
      make
      it over to Justin Herman Plaza as well.

      If you have any questions about either of these events, please contact
      the Reclaim the Streets voicemail at 415-820-9658.

      PLEASE FORWARD
      --- End forwarded message ---