Urgent Request

  • marionssong@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      Subj: [lampofhope] Fwd: : Stay for Robert Eagle Clayton
      Date: 3/1/01 6:00:45 AM Eastern Standard Time
      From:    ageorges.sandrine@... (Sandrine Ageorges)
      To:    lampofhope@yahoogroups.com

      Dear Friends,

           It looks like my friend, Robert Eagle Clayton, will be executed at 9PM
      this Thursday, March 1st.

      Eagle's attorneys are trying a few last minute legal moves. They tell me
      that
      the best chance for a stay regards the "competency" issue: Eagle has an IQ
      of
      68 and should never have stood trial.

      They ask that we send short, simple emails to Governor Frank Keating and Lt.
      Governor Mary Fallin (i.e. one email addressed to the two of them) at:

                              governor@...
                              Ltgovernor@...

      Here's a sample message (they know who Eagle is, so no background is
      necessary):

         It is disheartening to hear that you are planning to execute
      Robert Clayton, a man with an IQ of 68. He was unable to provide
      any assistance to his trial counsel. Please stop this execution.
      Thank you, Lt. Gov. Fallin for providing a stay of execution in this case
      on January 3rd.

      Would you please ask your group to write in Robert's behalf. Thank you all
      for your support to Eagle and me through this whole ordeal.

      Elaine Pope

      Take care,
      April
      marionssong@...
      http://marionssong.tripod.com
      http://marionssong.tripod.com/prisonpenpals

      "To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a
      thousand heads bowing in prayer." - -  Gandhi