MTD Support

  • samir raval
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2006
      Hello

      i am using Linux 2.4.27 with AT91rm9200DK Board.
      i am not able to manage the MTD Driver.

      i go & check in to cat /proc/mtd.
      it doesent give any paitition.

      i also configured in Kernel MTD Driver.

      in which file you want to set MTD partition.

    • Simon Glass
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2006
        Hi Semir,

        Have you enabled a partition type, such as redboot or cmdline? Do you
        get a message about scanning the flash on start-up?

        Regards,
        Simon

        samir raval wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > i am using Linux 2.4.27 with AT91rm9200DK Board.
        > i am not able to manage the MTD Driver.
        >
        > i go & check in to cat /proc/mtd.
        > it doesent give any paitition.
        >
        > i also configured in Kernel MTD Driver.
        >
        > in which file you want to set MTD partition.
        >
        > Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger.
        > Download Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
        > <http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php>

        Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solution Centre

        Simon Glass Bluewater Systems Ltd
        Phone: +64 3 3779127 (Aus 1800 148 751) Level 17, 119 Armagh St
        Fax: +64 3 3779135 PO Box 13889
        Email: sglass@... Christchurch
        Web: http://www.bluewaternz.com New Zealand
      • samir raval
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 26, 2006
          Hi Simon

          from when we need to enebled partition type.

          but after hard try i can able to get scanning
          messagelike.

          flash1: found 1x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit mode.

          also able to foune MTD partion through
          cat /proc/mtd command.

          mtd0: 00400000 00001000 "Physically mapped flash"
          mtd1: 00400000 00001000 "flash1"
          mtd2: 00400000 00001000 "flash2"

          how to setup the actual partition?

          --- Simon Glass <sglass@...> wrote:

          > Hi Semir,
          >
          > Have you enabled a partition type, such as redboot
          > or cmdline? Do you
          > get a message about scanning the flash on start-up?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Simon
          >
          > samir raval wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello
          > >
          > > i am using Linux 2.4.27 with AT91rm9200DK Board.
          > > i am not able to manage the MTD Driver.
          > >
          > > i go & check in to cat /proc/mtd.
          > > it doesent give any paitition.
          > >
          > > i also configured in Kernel MTD Driver.
          > >
          > > in which file you want to set MTD partition.
          > >
          > > Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your
          > Yahoo! Messenger.
          > > Download Now!
          > http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
          > > <http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php>
          > >

          > --

          > Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solution
          > Centre
          >
          > Simon Glass
          > Bluewater Systems Ltd
          > Phone: +64 3 3779127 (Aus 1800 148 751)
          > Level 17, 119 Armagh St
          > Fax: +64 3 3779135 PO
          > Box 13889
          > Email: sglass@...
          > Christchurch
          > Web: http://www.bluewaternz.com New
          > Zealand

        • Simon Glass
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 26, 2006
            Hi,

            Sounds like you have done it.

            If you want to use it for storage you could erase and mount it:

            $ erase /dev/mtd1
            $ mkdir /mnt/data
            $ mount -t yaffs /dev/mtdblock/1 /mnt/data

            Or you may need /dev/mtdblock1 instead of /dev/mtdblock/1.

            You will need YAFFS enabled in the kernel. Or you could use JFFS2 if it
            is NOR flash (which actually I think it is, looking at your output).

            $ mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock/1 /mnt/data

            Hope this helps.

            Regards,
            Simon

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 29, 2006
              Hello

              so far i have done the things.but i am not clear so
              far.
              i think i am not able to link MTD,JFFS2 utiliti with
              my kernel.

              i try to explained in different manner.

              afetr entered command
              $ erase /dev/mtd1
              i got the error
              /bin/sh:erase :not found.

              is there any updation required in Busybox?

              $ mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock/1 /mnt/data
              > it's giving me continue ERROR like
              JFFS2_scan_eraseblock():Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found
              at 0x001ff042:0x3686 insted.
              address is in incremental order.

              finally kernel get panic....

              which step i am missing in above?

            • samir raval
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 16, 2007
                Hello Simon

                thats true i also check in MTD Util Directorey.
                all command start with flash.like flash_erase.

                still i am not getting correct result.

                i thing i done a some wrong things to establish MTD.

                because i am not able to see any bin file for MTD
                tools.

                do you have any latest document related to MTD+JFFS2
                toolchain.

                http://in.answers.yahoo.com/