how to setup GUNARM

  • a_d_13579
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2006
      Hi,

      I've installed the gnuarm and the eclipse ide on my computer and was
      trying to use it to develop program for my arm7 chip. I needed to link
      my program with funcitons from libc.a, but the linker complained that
      there is no rule for libc.a. Does anyone have any idea what that means?

      Thanks in advance.
    • Rick Collins
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2006
        --- In arm-user@yahoogroups.com, "a_d_13579" <a_d_13579@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've installed the gnuarm and the eclipse ide on my computer and was
        > trying to use it to develop program for my arm7 chip. I needed to link
        > my program with funcitons from libc.a, but the linker complained that
        > there is no rule for libc.a. Does anyone have any idea what that means?

        That message says that your make file does not tell it how to build
        libc.a. You need to include info on how to find and/or build libc.a.

        You might try posting this question to the gnuarm Yahoo group. That
        group is much more active.