  • Dr.VN Sharma
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
      Dear S.Divakara,

      I won't be doing justice if I give you the names of Civil liberty activists or Human Rights Activists. Therefore, I am posting it to almost a dozen groups to bring the members kind attention to these Awards.and for them to respond to your request "...if you could send us addresses of activists in the field of civil liberties to enable us to write to them directly.  We shall be grateful to you for this". I hope this will do.

      Dr.V.N.Sharma
      http://tinyurl.com/drvnsharma

      2010/10/4 Forum of Free Enterprise <ffe@...>
      Dear Dr. Sharma:

      I am writing this from the Forum of Free Enterprise, Mumbai.  The Forum is a non-political organised established in 1956 to educate the public on economic affairs.  The Forum also looks after the activities of the A.D. Shroff Memorial Trust, the Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Trust and the M.R. Pai Foundation.  The three Trusts are all involved in educative activities.

      In addition, the Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Trust also promotes, supports and advances the causes that the late Nani Palkhivala ceaselessly espoused, such as democratic institutions, personal and civil liberties and rights enshrined in the Constitution, a society governed by just, fair and equitable laws and the institutions that oversee them, the primacy of liberal economic thinking for nationl development nd preservation of India's pricess heritage in all its aspects.

      Every year the Nani Palkhivala Memorial Trust also awards prizes to individuals and organizations involved in preservation and protection of civil liberties.  The award carries a cash prize of Rupees one lac in each category.  The Trust has now invited nominations for the Six Award in the series.  An eminent panel of judges comprising Mr. Justice M.N. Venkatachaliah (Retd.), former Chief Justice of India, Justice Mrs. Sujata Manohar (Retd.) and Mr. Justice Sam Variava (Retd.), former Judges of the Supreme Court of India, chooses the Award winners. Details can be had by writing to the Trust at:ffe@... or by visiting http/www/nanipalkhivalatrust. org

      Since the last about two or three we have been watching with interest corresspondence between  you and various others in Bharat-Chintan on varied subjects.  Hence we thought of bringing details of the above Award to your attention.  We were wondering if you could bring the Award to the attention of your group members or if you could send us addresses of activists in the field of civil liberties to enable us to write to them directly.  We shall be grateful to you for this.

      Regards,
      Sincerely,
      S.Divakara
      Director-General