INVITATION TO CCRHS LECTURE SERIES: Politics of Identity & Religion (October 9, 2010)

  • varsha gyawali
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010

    Dear Friends & Colleagues,

                The Centre for Conflict Resolution & Human Security (CCRHS) is a research-based policy-oriented non-government organization. With its focus on human security, the Centre is committed to advancing peace and democracy in India and the South Asian region. CCRHS is holding its second lecture as part of its objective to create common ground and an environment to encourage constructive interactions between experts, stakeholders and others towards addressing issues related to human security and conflict resolution.

    On behalf of the Centre, it is my privilege to invite you to our second Lecture in the Series. The lecture will be delivered by Arif Mohammed Khan on “Politics of Identity & Religion”, a distinguished politician and an eminent columnist. He has recently published a book “Text and Context: Quran and Contemporary Challenges” and has several articles and essays to his credit in mainstream Indian newspapers, magazines and journals. The discussant for the event is Dr. Deepak Mehta, Reader at Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.

    We look forward to your participation and insights on this significant issue. If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact me at +91-11-9958881733 or ccrhs@....

    May we request a confirmation of your participation by October 5, 2010.

    Date: October 9, 2010 (Saturday)

    Time: 3:30 – 6:00 p.m.

    Venue: Conference Room – I,

    India International Centre (IIC)