Re: [arkitectindia] Prayer 5 times a day

  • Muhammad Mukhtar Alam
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2005
      Thanks for the invitation .I would like to note few of my suggestions.

      I would like to suggest considering prayer and meditation 5 times a day.
      Ther is communication for the same in Shiva Sankalpa Taru. Muslims are
      commnaded to prayer 5 times a day and Muslims are those who submit their
      will to the commands of Allah. I have argued in teh discussion forums for
      global adoption of prayer 5 times a day.

      The implications of adoption of prayers can be seen for ecology as more
      and more adopting prayer 5 times will be making lesser and lesser number
      of decisions for utilising fossil fuel based utilties and services.

      Promotion of prayer and zakat/dharmada for the poor will have substantial
      impacts for the casue of ecoloical safety and social equity.

      Sincerely

      Dr.Muhammad Mukhtar Alam

      --- ICYOIndia <icyoindia@...> wrote:

      All Religions Prayer

      Mankind has suffered due to religious fighting. Realizing this religious
      harmony is the best policy for India. Camp has all-religions prayers every
      evening.

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
    • Sneha Singh
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2005
        Dear Organisors,

        We are very happy to know that the National Integration camp is happening to help children from different parts of India exchange their cultures and valuses and learn new skills. After speaking to the chairman of ICYO, Dr.S.N.Subbarao, Ark foundation is willing to organise an evening in JNU with the youths in the open-air theatre and also organise a small (1 km)peaceful rally to demonstrate that peace is possible if one wants it.

        We are working with the dates and soon will let you know when this evet will happen in JNU. Looking forward for this exciting event coming up.

        Regards
        Sneha

        ICYO – Youth Information

        Indian Committee of Youth Organizations

         Announcement
        October 2005 (Fifth Issue)

        National Integration Youth Camp for 2000 Youth

        The National Integration Youth Camp will be held from November 8-15, 2005 in New Delhi. The camp is open for youth age between 15-35 years and expected 2000 youth from all over India.

        The camps, which are conducted by Dr. S. N. Subbarao, Director of National Youth Project (also chairman, ICYO) are the training place for promoting peace, cultural harmony, nationalism and tolerance among the youth.

        The main features of the forthcoming camp in Delhi are:

        Shramdan (work/labour donation):

        The organizer will identify the project work near the camp side that helps the community living by. All the campers will work (shramdan) on the project and devote two hours every morning. This activity helps youth to link themselves with community and work together for their welfare.

        Language Classes:

        India has too many languages. The main objective of language classes to understand feelings of people from other regions by learning their language and increases the communication. This is the peer exercise, camper teach their language to other and learn the other’s language.

        Game:

        The objective of this exercise to spread such games which are inexpensive and which can take in persons of the different age and in big numbers. Campers practice simple games that can reach small, poor and remote villages.

        Telnet Exchanges:

        Youth has many talents, which they can share to peer. During the camp campers teach to fellow camper, the different talent whom they have expertise, like Bhangra dance, yogasan, karate, folk dances from many regions and so on.

        All Religions Prayer

        Mankind has suffered due to religious fighting. Realizing this religious harmony is the best policy for India. Camp has all-religions prayers every evening.

        Cultural Programme

        Every evening, the one-hour long cultural activities will be held. The campers have the opportunity to show their talent for promotion of national integration.

        The registration fee is Rs 50.00 only. Youth aged 15-35 can participate in the camp. Participants have take care of the their travel to and fro, but if they travel in group of five than organizer will provide the railway concession form, on which youth group can avail 50 concession on train fare. The group accommodation and simple vegetarian food will be provided to all campers during the camp. Other logistic information is available on request.

        National Youth Project, New Delhi organizes the camp with the support from Delhi Government.

        For participation, registration, railway concession and for any other detail, contact ICYO secretariat or write to youthorgconference@... / icyoindia@... (ICYO-Youth Information Service)

        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        Youth Information is the newsletter from

        Indian Committee of Youth Organizations (ICYO)
        194-A, Safdarjang Enclave, New Delhi 110029, India
        Phone: 91 9811729093  /Phone/Fax: 91 11 26183978
        Email: icyoindia@... / icyo@...

        Indian Committee of Youth Organizations (ICYO) is a registered non-profit,
        non-governmental network organization, committed in developing areas of
        mutual cooperation and understanding among different youth voluntary
        agencies, youth groups, clubs and individuals working in the field of youth
        welfare in India.  ICYO functions as an umbrella organization of youth NGOs
        in India. It's family consists of over 354 organizations spread in 122 districts
        of 22 states from different corners of India.

        Affiliation:  Consultative (Roster) Status with ECOSOC, United Nations;
        Consultative Status with Commission on Sustainable Development;
        Full Member of World Assembly of Youth (WAY); Asian Youth Council (AYC);
        Youth for Habitat International Network (YFHIN); CRIN, South Asia Youth
        Environment Network (SAYEN), Affiliate group of ECPAT International, Thailand;
        ATSECE-DELHI, Indian Partner of AIDS Care Watch Campaign;
        Steering Committee member of World Bank's YDP Network;
        Working relation with Indian Association of Parliamentarians (IAPPD);
        International Medical Parliamentarians Organizations (IMPO);
        Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD);
        World Youth Foundation, Malaysia.

        Sneha Singh
        Secretary
        Ark Foundation
        www.arkindia.org.in
        Phone: +919868740449,9868701491,9312838170