Re: [Arkitect India] A Tale of Two Mosques That Does Not Exist

  • Pankaj Jain
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 31, 2010
      Dear Tanvir,

      I am sure the opposing side is asking a parallel question: What harm would be done to Muslim community if the proposed mosque is built say, 10-20 blocks, away? Will the freedom to practice religion be greatly affected if the place of worship is 10 blocks away from one's residence? Anyway, what is proposed is not a community prayer hall only for residents living in the neighborhood, and given the size of proposed complex, people are going to come from far away places to congregate there.

      You are very right in asking the question as how many blocks away. There can not be a legal or technical answer to this, this has to be negotiated by the concerned parties while being sensitive to each other.

      Faith and emotions can easily become a source of strife if not handled without sensitivity to the other/ each side.

      Pankaj Jain

      From: ssallim@... <ssallim@...>
      To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 8:14 AM

      Yes, we are the ones who can make a difference by our deeds. We have to spread the message and it is not difficult in this internet age. If we will not stad up then who else will?

      Thanks

      Tanvir Salim
      30 Skyline Circle
      Canton, MA 02021
      www.tanvirsalim.com

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2010

        Dear Pankaj Sahib,

        You are absolutely right. We have to be considerate to others and their religion as well. My understanding of my religion tells me that don't disrespect others religion, so that your religion may not be disrespected by others.

        Regarding the mosque issue in NY City, I can only say that:

        1-If lot more people are coming for prayer or anything else, then that will be a boon to the neighborhood, because this way that area will see an economic upliftement.

        2- Regarding how many blocks away can not be an issue at all. If it is not at the crime scene, then what is the problem?

        Take care. Nice exchanging notes with you.

        Thanks

        Tanvir Salim
        30 Skyline Circle
        Canton, MA 02021