Exposing Commonwealth Games 2010 (you are invited)

  • Kabir Arora
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 9:38 PM

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      With deep regards

      कबीर/کبیر

      Phone: 00-91-93-51-207-521/ 00-91-99-11-879-675

      email: kabir_khan1989@...

      email: kabir@...

      ==============================

      ==============================

      "It's Common V/S Wealth"

      Exposing Commonwealth Games 2010

      Releasing on

      6th Aug. 2010

      at 2:00 pm

      Gandhi Peace Foundation
      Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg
      New Delhi

      You are invited

      Why this book?

      Because it’s Time to talk about the real side of CWG-2010

      They are killing animals, they are cutting trees, they are displacing people, snatching livelihoods, destroying river, looting the taxpayers, violating all possible labor laws, increasing cost of living to unimaginable heights, asking students to vacate hostels, destroying heritage of this age old city and all this in the name of Green Games.

      Yes as a matter of fact the only thing green about upcoming Commonwealth Games in the city is “the money” involved in it.

      This book reveals Myths and Realities of Commonwealth Games, Exposes scandalous development model that is being promoted in the name of Games, raises questions on accountability and transparency, assesses the Games in context of democratic values and principles, asks questions and demands Justice.

      Book  makes it clear that one can still love this city and love this nation and hate the loot in the name of commonwealth games. Commonwealth games are in no way a matter of national pride

      About the author- Kapil Mishra is an activist and social entrepreneur.

      For last three years, He is spreading voice against the anti people development approach that is being practiced by authorities in the name of Commonwealth Games in the city.

      He has raised the voice inside Delhi Assembly against exploitation of Yamuna in the the name of Commonwealth Games and got detained for the action. He has initiated and participated in several protests against exploitation of common people and common resources in the name of “Growth and Development”. He has also prepared a report as Citizen Journalist for CNN-IBN on encroachment on river Yamuna and also has exposed the issues of violation of labor laws at Games sites by camping outside Games village along with other members of “Youth for Justice”

      A Masters in Social Work from Delhi School of Social Work, Kapil is presently doing M.B.A. (P.T.) from Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) University of Delhi. Currently he is working with Greenpeace India as Policy Officer.

      Please join us and spread it to all.
      9818066041, 9818898982, 9990200243

      "YOUTH FOR JUSTICE"
        -we are the change we want to see

      www.y4j.blogspot.com

    • Narotra, PS DIT
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
        Well Friends, I do agree with you. The best option could have been to create a Modern Facility say about 20 - 30 KMs away from Delhi with all kinds of Stadiums at one place leading to development of another Mellinium City. What was further required, a Metro link from Delhi to the above city. All visitors would have stayed in Hotels or wherever in Delhi and around. No great fuss was required to uproot trees, dig roads, side lanes, sequential (un-coordinated) digging by various agencies for cables and pipes, beautification of Karolebagh, Khan Market, covering Jhuggis with beautiful tents etc. in haste without techno-economic planning. Every body knows what India is. Costmetic changes can always get exposed. One has to understand the ground realities and work to solve the problems in well coordinated manner, with clear planning, prioritisation, focus and dedication. This in my mind is not the agenda of Government.There is a lot to be done to once again recreate India as "Golden Sparrow". It is a pitty that we have lost all ethics and sense to do something for this country where still 50% of the population is still poor.

        PRITAM SINGH

        > Phone: 00-91-93-51-> 207-521/ 00-91-99-11-> 879-675
        >
        > email: kabir_khan1989@> hotmail.com
        >
        > email: kabir@...
        >
        > ============> =========> =========
        >
        > ============> =========> =========
        >

        > "It's Common V/S Wealth"
        >
        > Exposing Commonwealth Games 2010
        >

        > Releasing on

        > 6th Aug. 2010
        >
        > at 2:00 pm
        >
        > Gandhi Peace Foundation
        > Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg
        > New Delhi
        >

        > You are invited
        >

        > Why this book?
        >
        > Because it’s Time to talk about the real side of CWG-2010
        >
        > They are killing animals, they are cutting trees, they are displacing people, snatching livelihoods, destroying river, looting the taxpayers, violating all possible labor laws, increasing cost of living to unimaginable heights, asking students to vacate hostels, destroying heritage of this age old city and all this in the name of Green Games.
        >
        > Yes as a matter of fact the only thing green about upcoming Commonwealth Games in the city is “the money” involved in it.
        >

        > This book reveals Myths and Realities of Commonwealth Games, Exposes scandalous development model that is being promoted in the name of Games, raises questions on accountability and transparency, assesses the Games in context of democratic values and principles, asks questions and demands Justice.

        > Book  makes it clear that one can still love this city and love this nation and hate the loot in the name of commonwealth games. Commonwealth games are in no way a matter of national pride

        > About the author- Kapil Mishra is an activist and social entrepreneur.
        >
        > For last three years, He is spreading voice against the anti people development approach that is being practiced by authorities in the name of Commonwealth Games in the city.
        >
        > He has raised the voice inside Delhi Assembly against exploitation of Yamuna in the the name of Commonwealth Games and got detained for the action. He has initiated and participated in several protests against exploitation of common people and common resources in the name of “Growth and Development”. He has also prepared a report as Citizen Journalist for CNN-IBN on encroachment on river Yamuna and also has exposed the issues of violation of labor laws at Games sites by camping outside Games village along with other members of “Youth for Justice”
        >
        > A Masters in Social Work from Delhi School of Social Work, Kapil is presently doing M.B.A. (P.T.) from Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) University of Delhi. Currently he is working with Greenpeace India as Policy Officer.

        > Please join us and spread it to all.
        > 9818066041, 9818898982, 9990200243
        >

        > "YOUTH FOR JUSTICE"
        >   -we are the change we want to see
        >
        > www.y4j.blogspot.> com

      • psn.1946
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
          Delhi is not Hindustan.

          What 'modern facility' are you talking about?

          Delhi still practises worst racial discrimination and forces thousands of Harijans even today to carry human excreta?

          India is nation of 700 million open field defecators. Indian Rlys continues to keep the proud nation an open latrine.

          What are we bragging about?

          Sankara Narayanan

          On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Narotra, PS DIT <PNarotra@...> wrote:

> [...]

          > He has raised the voice inside Delhi Assembly against exploitation of Yamuna in the the name of Commonwealth Games and got detained for the action. He has initiated and participated in several protests against exploitation of common people and common resources in the name of “Growth and Development”. He has also prepared a report as Citizen Journalist for CNN-IBN on encroachment on river Yamuna and also has exposed the issues of violation of labor laws at Games sites by camping outside Games village along with other members of “Youth for Justice”
          >
          > A Masters in Social Work from Delhi School of Social Work, Kapil is presently doing M.B.A. (P.T.) from Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) University of Delhi. Currently he is working with Greenpeace India as Policy Officer.

        • bhatnaga .
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
            Dear Friends,
            I fully support and join the in its endeavours.In fact the major down slide in Delhi started with Asiad 1982 and has continued since then unabated in the nme of creaing more and more infratsructure which has in variably brough in more and more economic activities and people in the capital.Neither the GOI or NCTD or the Central Ministries wish to divert their investments in the NCR. Those who are blaming the critics as anti-national have just arrogated this authority and are themselves anti-national to the core.
            KK Bhatnagar,IAS,
            Former Member Secretary NCRPB (1987-1992)