New Oxfam report -- Rescuing Education for All: How reform of the FTI should lead to a Global Fund for Education

  • EMPOWER INDIA
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2010

      Dear colleagues,

      it’s a pleasure to share with you the final version of our new report on global education financing, Rescuing Education for All: How reform of the Fast Track Initiative should lead to a Global Fund for Education.  It is now available on our website in English, French and Spanish:

      http://www.oxfam. org/en/policy/ rescuing- education- for-all

      The report is actually two products: a longer research report with detailed analysis, and a briefing note which summarizes the research and includes political recommendations.  It examines the EFA-Fast Track Initiative (FTI) – both its positive contributions and its current limitations -- and it argues for the reform of the FTI into a more ambitious, effective Global Fund for Education. This redesigned initiative must feature autonomous management and inclusive governance; greater country ownership through better quality aid; improved accountability structures; and more flexibility to respond to the needs of children in conflict-affected and fragile states. It calls upon the G8/G20 donors -- including the US -- to prioritize such a transformation in 2010.

      Enormous thanks go to the many members of GCE-US who have given valuable input into this document.  It is our hope that it will be a useful tool to spark further discussion and consolidation of a civil society advocacy position on a GFE.  Please feel free to share this report widely.

      Looking forward to working with all of you in the months ahead to secure the resources and political commitment needed to achieve Education for All.

      Warmest regards,
      Katie

      Katie Malouf
      Advocacy and Campaigns Associate
      Oxfam International
      1100 15th Street NW, Suite 600
      Washington , DC   20005   USA
      tel. +1 202 496 1175
      cell +1 202 489 3507
      fax +1 202 496 0128
      www.oxfam.org
      Visit the web site at http://www.oxfam.org

      Forwarded by:

      ---------------------------

      _Yours in Global Concern,

       A.SANKAR

      Executive Director- EMPOWER - Professional Civil Society Organisation

      Vice Chairman -Initiatives of HIV/AIDS Net (IHN)

      Founder and General Secretary - Confederation of Indian Civil Society Organisation’s (CICSO)

      National Convener- National Alliance for Health, Environment and Rights ( NAFHER)

      107J / 133E, Millerpuram ,TUTICORIN-628 008, TN, INDIA

      Telefax: 91 461 2310151; Mobile:   91 94431 48599: www.empowerindia. org

      ·        _ You are invited to join an E FORUM AIDS-TN. To join this free E  Forum kindly send an e  mail    to AIDS-TN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ·          You are invited to join an e FORUM CIN - Confederation of Indian NGO’s. To join this free e Forum kindly send an e mail to ConfederationofIndianNGOs-CIN-subscribe@...

      ·         This e Forums are moderated by   EMPOWER, a Non-profit, Non-Political, Voluntary and Professional Civil Society Organisation.