FW: [AIDS INDIA] Fraud NGO Consultant

  • EMPOWER INDIA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2010

       Dear NGO Friends,

      On 28th Dec. I received a text message on my mobile from TM-NGO World,
      offering Directory of Funding Agency for Rs. 1750 if one orders before 31st Dec.

      The message directed me to http://www.ngoworld .in (still active). The
      consultant details are:
      SB A/C No.: 20037827542
      Name: Hasanuzzaman Lasker, Nirgin Shah Road, South Kazipara, Barasat, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India

      Call it my foolishness, without even inquiring, I deposited Rs. 1750 in his account on 30th December and accordingly filled the online form, after which message was displayed that the directory would be delivered within 48 hours.

      For me, the said person appears to be fraud, simply because:

      1. I have not received the said directory till date (5th January 2010)
      2. I have been dailing from two mobiles the number given on the website - 09333788294 (looks like reliance number).

      Nobody is responding from last two days. The said number is supposed to be contact number for queries and getting no response makes it suspicious

      I understand the person must have used the mobile database of NGO
      representatives and has targeted the message. In this case, many must have got that message from TM-NGOWORLD.

      A kind request to moderators of e-groups to whom this email is addressed to post this message, so that more NGOs are
      not cheated by this said consultant.

      Those receiving this message from West Bengal surround North 24 Parganas, can find out about this particular person and get some action initiated against him.

      I have written an online complaint to SBI bank to determine the
      authenticity of this person, but have not got reply yet.

      I was thinking to write to the concerned police, but cannot get their details.

      Peter F. Borges
      Email: petervision2025@ gmail.com