Google's Project 10 to the power 100 : Support Education and OLPC India

  • Satish Jha
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
      As a fellow innovation enthusiast, I thought you would be interested in knowing that Google’s Project 10 to the 100 has identified Online and Free Educational Content as one of the top 16 ideas that will change the world. Now they are asking you to vote to help them identify the biggest opportunity for change.

      As an organization which has been promoting educational transformation for no cost to children, we know that nothing creates a greater impact than investment in education.

      If you share our belief in the power of educational technologies, please vote for the Free Online Content idea, or vote for another of your favorite ideas.

      Google will commit $10 million to organizations to implement the top 5 ideas (as nominated by the public and an advisory board.)

      Be sure to vote by October 8, 2009.

      If you would like to spread the word about this competition feel free to use this sample Tweet: "Do you believe that Education changes the world? Vote for the #Making Online Educational Content Freely Available  idea in Google's 10 to the 100 comp: "

      Watch OLPC at Katha on : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n57KOQZ27Iw
      Contribute to OLPC India for Katha and other schools on Paypal: Account olpc.katha@...

      ---------------------
      Satish Jha
      Bethesda, MD
      Tel: + 1 202 241 0200
      Fax: + 1 301 560 4909
      Skype: satish.jha
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/olpcindia
      http://twitter.com/olpcindia

    • ambarish rai
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2009
        Dear satish Jhaji

        Nice to here you after long span of time. I appriciate your innovative idea disseminating quality education through technological instruments. But it should be universal and within the reach of poor's constituting the 3/4rth population of our school going children. Why don't you approach to Govt. of India to fecilitate it in rural areas as well as urban areas.
        regards,
        Ambarish Rai
        Convener, people's Campaign for Common School system (PCCSS)

        Contribute to OLPC India for Katha and other schools on Paypal: Account olpc.katha@gmail. com

        ------------ ---------
        Satish Jha
        Bethesda, MD
        Tel: + 1 202 241 0200
        Fax: + 1 301 560 4909
        Skype: satish.jha
        Twitter: http://twitter. com/olpcindia
        http://twitter. com/olpcindia

        Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.
      • Satish Jha
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2009
          Dear Shri Rai,

          If we want to do something, we keep the problem manageable.
          We have been trying to talk to the government at every level. Having been a newspaper editor, I do not lack access to them either. But the government is like a huge ship that is rather slow to turn around. When we wake up and take a new initiative, members of government who constitute it may wake up and work along the lines of what they see.

          Appreciate your interest.

          --
          Satish Jha
          President &  CEO