Monitoring Journalist (Media Monitoring), BBC

  • Tarique Ata
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2007
      BBC

      Monitoring Journalist (Media Monitoring)

      BBC Monitoring, headquartered in the south of England, monitors open source foreign media from over 150 countries throughout the world in more than 70 languages.

      We are recruiting a Monitoring Journalist to be based at BBC Monitoring bureau in New Delhi.

      As a monitoring journalist, you will, in line with customer needs, select, edit and/or translate news and information from international media. You will write copy accurately and quickly using clear idiomatic English. This role also includes shift work. We offer competitive pay and outstanding training opportunities.

      The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of international affairs especially in relation to Iran, the Middle East and Afghanistan and youÂ’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent.

      Knowledge of Persian (Farsi), Dari or Pashto with proven translation skills will be an advantage.

      Please submit your CV with letter of motivation and contact details to:
      Mr Andrius Uzkalnis, Team Manager (Eurasia)
      Email: andrius.uzkalnis@...
      To be received by Tuesday 15 July 2008.

      Please note that this is an invitation only for the vacancy advertised above. We will not consider or acknowledge tentative applications for any other posts. Employment agency proposals will not be considered.

      Short-listed candidates will be tested and interviewed in India.