The Arkitect Vol. 01/03

  • arkitect95 <arkitect95@yahoo.co.in>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2003
      January 03, 2003

      The Arkitect
      An Ark Newsletter
      Vol. 01/03

      INVITATION
      Dear friends

      I invite you to join our new arkitectindia group on yahoogroups.com
      and share your experiences to help build a better India.

      ARK brings a holistic approach to slum and village development and we
      welcome a range of expertise and experiences viz. education, health,
      environment,computer and information technology etc to help make this
      happen.

      We are aware of the fact that everyone can not come and do work on
      the ground here in India, but we also believe, rather we firmly
      believe, that if the right information, right approach and right
      suggestion comes at the right time (which is not impossible in this
      age of information) and you each share your experiences and guide us
      through online group discussion, ARK can do the magic - the magic of
      creating a society of our dream.

      Please join this group and share your dreams and experiences to build
      a society where every child gets the opportunity for a healthy life,
      quality education and a society free of explotation and violence. Big
      dreams we know - but we also know from witnessing changes already
      afoot in this country, that we can achieve some of our dreams.

      We are already providing children of three slums in Delhi the chance
      to learn languages, count numbers, divide, multiply and subtract, and
      also learn about their bodies and health.

      If you think we are on a right path then kindly extend this
      invitation letter to your friends and colleagues. For Ark, every
      individual matters. Each and every individual has ability to do magic
      provided he or she gets the right platform, right knowledge, right
      faith, right approach, right action and most importantly right
      vision. Ark is in search of these things and we encourage
      group debate and discussion.

      Thank you for giving your precious time in reading this invitation.

      Happy New Year to you

      Dr. Shaheen Ansari
      Programme Coordinator

      PS: Ark Education Centres in Delhi will remain close till 10th
      January as children are not in a position to attend classes. I should
      tell here that ARK takes classes in open class rooms (community
      Parks). There is no room where these kids can sit and study. Most of
      the kids even don't have proper warm cloths.