Letter with EAD

  • arkitect95
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2004
      December 08, 2003

      Friends
      I am sending a write up on education page for www.arkitect.org
      Whatever I have written on education programme is not new. The
      problems are also not new so are some of the solutions. I have gone
      through a few books, internet materials and magazine and journal
      before giving a shape to my understanding of EDUCATIONAL CRISES and
      our programme—Education At Doorstep (EAD).

      I have incorporated those ideas and experiences which, I think, are
      relevant to EAD. I am always open to incorporate your valuable
      suggestions, ideas and experiences to make EAD a successful
      experiment. The programme aims at operationalising the strategies for
      achieving desired goal, education for all, through community
      development.

      It draws upon the accumulated experiences of individuals and
      institutions' initiatives that have been working in different parts
      of the country. It moves away from the schematic piecemeal approach
      of the others and takes a holistic view of educations with emphasis
      on community mobilization and village specific planning based on
      contextually and research based inputs.

      We know knowledge is power and the best way to empower villagers is,
      I believe, to provide them education, rather quality education and
      the childhood is the ideal age for this kind of empowerment. Right
      direction and clear vision is a prerequisite for a proper
      implementation of developmental programmes and policies.

      What do you think?

      Keeping in mind the reasons per se, I request you to have a glance of
      the draft of "Education At Doorstep". I will be highly grateful if
      you could share your ideas and experiences to minimize the flaws in
      Ark's approach on educational crises.
      Kindly send your thoughts, comments and criticism before 15th
      December (Monday) so that I can incorporate them in its final version
      before sending it to Mr. Nikhil Kaushal of Domain Hosting of India
      Company (www.anncomputer.com) on 16th December. Mr. Kaushal himself
      offered to volunteer in developing and designing our website.

      The home page of www.arkitect.org will have

      • Dream
      • Education At Doorstep
      • Health