Intership Program 2005-07

  • NCAS
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005

      [Note - Pls. forward this mail to all your contacts]

      Dear All

      Greetings and best wishes from Pune!

      NCAS is a social change resource center working with social action groups, public interest professionals and citizens from all over India and parts of Asia and Africa. NCAS began its work in 1992 with the objective of empowering the people to build a just and humane society. NCAS has steadily grown and has become a pioneer institution on advocacy studies in India.

      As a part of our learning, training and capacity building programmes, NCAS has initiated an Advocacy Internship Programme since July 1999. This programme is aimed to groom a cadre of young and dedicated professionals who are committed to social activism. It is meant to enrich the participants with the knowledge, perspectives, skills and sensitivities required for effective public advocacy.

      The eighteen month long course involves input sessions by in-house experts, social activists working in people’s movements as well as prominent academicians. The programme also has a strong field component. The interns are sent to participate in marches, conferences and workshops held by organizations in the social sector. They are also sent to NGOs working at various levels of the Indian society to have a holistic understanding of the social problems and NGO interventions therein.

      We are planning to start our next internship batch from August 2005. We request you to circulate this information to the interested youth in your state. I am attaching the internship advertisement brochure, and the application form with this letter.

      With regards

      Swati Sucharita Nanda

      Internship Coordinator

       Bridging People... Building Ideas...