Re: [arkitectindia] Your Comment Plz

  • Syed Shahabuddin
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25 5:39 AM

      Dear Mr. Wasim,

      Your email of 23 April, 2005. I endorse your general proposition but there can be many ways for repaying one’s debt to the Society during the learning as well as the earning phase, in their own field as well as in the general field of voluntary social work. Best wishes. Shahabuddin.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2005
        Dear Every one
        I am Happy that so many people are interested in good
        cause. I hope we do as much as we talk

        Regards
        MTS

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • siddiqi zahoor
        Message 3 of 10 , May 3, 2005
          Dear MS,
                     U raised a pertinent point;even thinking on positive lines is a happy beginning.Real
          good work requires a strong will to do something.At present the greatest task before aa of us
          is to expose the RSS--THE FASCIST organisation which bent to create a world full of beastliness.Whatever matter u collect about their henious activities please pass it on to other friends.They r a shamefull blot on the face of our country.It is only by mixing with new people
          that u create a friendly atmosphere that is the need of the hour.  zahoor siddiqi - please see
          SAHARA SAMAY(16/4/05) and Dainikjagran( 26/4/05) what rubbish they r speading against
          me.

          --- soumya dutta wrote:
          >  Dear Wasim and Siddiqi Zahoor,
          >
          > Enthusiasm is a thing which needs appreciation, and
          > without that, human activism will not survive. With
          > this admission, I would like to caution you that
          > knowing the villages and 'helping' them is not
          > something that can be done casually. Siddiqi, the
          > villages and villagers of India do not need English
          > to be taught to them, they understand their society
          > even without that privilage, often much better than
          > us. In trying to build-up Bharat Jan Vigyan Jatha in
          > 374 districts, in the years 1992-1995, we had seen
          > ample evidence of that, as have been recorded by
          > many others.
          >
          > Wasim, are you aware of a concept termed "MANAR"
          > (Mass Action for NAtional Re-generation), which
          > Prof. Yash Pal persued, while he was Chairperson of
          > the UGC ? He had (and still has) great understanding
          > about the country, its people and its villages, from
          > his years of engagement through the "SITE"
          > programme, through his involvement in HSTP. And yet,
          > there were gaps that he admits today, of his
          > understanding. If you are interested, get a copy of
          > the MANAR document and try to understand ..
          >
          > best wishes
          > humanly yours
          > S. Dutta (Bharat Jan Vigyan Jatha & Public Study
          > Group on Education)
          >

          > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 siddiqi zahoor wrote :
          > >Wasim,
          > > I appreciate your idea of going to
          > villages, but before going there try to gather
          > >some essential information about the people living
          > there.In place like Delhi thousands of
          > >people from nearby villages come and go back after
          > doing their job.It is better to cultivate
          > >relations with them.Some of them would too happy if
          > u visit their villages.Particularly many students in
          > villages would like a person who is good in English.
          > In case u r keen to go to
          > >village I offer my services. Rest on hearing from
          > u. zs
          > >
          > >Wasim wrote:
          > >
          > >Sir,
          > >
          > >I have some views on the need to make it compulsory
          > for students
          > >pursuing higher education to discharge their duties
          > towards the
          > >nation.
          > >
          > >Maybe there can be a compulsory program for the
          > students to teach in
          > >rural areas for some specified period which can be
          > regarded as part of
          > >the curriculum.
          > >
          > >I feel the need for all of us to know intrinsically
          > the villages of
          > >our country and the people living there. Such
          > programs will not only bring us closer to reality,
          > but will also hopefully force us to think on
          > constructive lines as to the need of a proper
          > shaping of the nation.
          > >
          > >regards
          > >
          > >Wasim
          > >wasimraja81@...

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
          'Thanks & Giving.'
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mGEjbB/5WnJAA/E2hLAA/VaTolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Hilal Bhat
          Message 4 of 10 , May 7, 2005
            Dear friends
            wasim's sugestion seconded by syed shahabudin is
            simply wonderful provided we spare some time for the
            idea and go on advocating at different levels. I
            really look forward to initiate a discussion on
            psoposition before actualy the advocacy can be taken
            up.

            Rgds
            Hilal Bhat

            --- Syed Shahabuddin <muslim@...> wrote:

            > Dear Mr. Wasim,
            >
            > Your email of 23 April, 2005. I endorse your general
            > proposition but there can be many ways for repaying
            > one's debt to the Society during the learning as
            > well as the earning phase, in their own field as
            > well as in the general field of voluntary social
            > work. Best wishes. Shahabuddin.

          • Rajib K Haldar
            Message 5 of 10 , May 8, 2005

                Dear All:
              I think, if the voluntary sector and volunteerism is to grow personally, anyone committed to contribute meaningfully must work in the rural areas and work 'with' the people, not for the people. At the same time, one needs to realise that the voluntary sector needs expertise and professionalism. There needs to have balance as well.

              Hope, you all will debate and dialogue on these lines.

              Regards,

              Rajib K. Haldar
              Exective Director
              Prayas Institute of Juvenile Justice
              New Delhi
              Cell; 9810624285
              www.prayaschildren.org

            • anjali thanage
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2005

                Hi

                I totally agree with that

                >From: "Rajib K Haldar" <rajibhaldar@...>
                >To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: Re: [arkitectindia] Your Comment Plz
                >Date: 8 May 2005 10:34:45 -0000
                >
                >   Dear All:
                >I think, if the voluntary sector and volunteerism is to grow personally, anyone committed to contribute meaningfully must work in the rural areas and work 'with' the people, not for the people. At the same time, one needs to realise that the voluntary sector needs expertise and professionalism. There needs to have balance as well.
                >
                >Hope, you all will debate and dialogue on these lines.
                >
                >Regards,
                >
                >Rajib K. Haldar
                >Exective Director
                >Prayas Institute of Juvenile Justice
                >New Delhi
                >Cell; 9810624285
                >www.prayaschildren.org
                >

                >On Sat, 07 May 2005 Hilal Bhat wrote :
                > >Dear friends
                > >wasim's sugestion seconded by syed shahabudin is
                > >simply wonderful provided we spare some time for the
                > >idea and go on advocating at different levels. I
                > >really look forward to initiate a discussion on
                > >psoposition before actualy the advocacy can be taken
                > >up.
                > >
                > >Rgds
                > >Hilal Bhat
                > >
                > >--- Syed Shahabuddin <muslim@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear Mr. Wasim,
                > > >
                > > > Your email of 23 April, 2005. I endorse your general
                > > > proposition but there can be many ways for repaying
                > > > one's debt to the Society during the learning as
                > > > well as the earning phase, in their own field as
                > > > well as in the general field of voluntary social
                > > > work. Best wishes. Shahabuddin.

                NRIs, Choose the best solution. With Citibank Rupee Checking Account!