Fwd: SOS - Suspended Smiles

  • javed anis kha
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2005

      Note: Forwarded message attached

      -- Orignal Message --

      From: my_sprat@...
      To: javed20002@...
      Subject: SOS - Suspended Smiles

    • dina mani bhim
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2005

        hi
        its really wonderful to know that ur organisation is doing so many good things  for the betterment of the disadvantaged people of the society. keep on  sending  mail to me. i would like to join ur movement in what ever way it will be possible for me.
          but the questions arissing in my mind right now instantly are as follows
          is it really a solution or just a mind diverting exercise to keep the poor self satisfied and forgeting the reall causes of the problems?
        will it help in any way to provide the basic need for the hunghry-- food to eat?
          do we need to provide a false sense of enjoyment  to the poor or should we mobilise them to fight for their rights and provide them with emplomenty

          m waiting for your reply
            will be glad to hear from u

        On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 javed anis kha wrote :

> [...]

        >School
        >of
        >Architecture
        >, ITI and
        >professional architects,
        >Greening with Ms
        >Mrinalini
        >Sarabhai’s
        >Prakriti
        >..

        >Media Coverage
        >:
        >MUSKAAN
        >has excited public imagination and is already
        >receiving wide media attention.
        >Zee TV, Divya Bhaskar and
        >Indian Express
        >have
        >written applauding
        >curtain raisers.

        >Sadly this Smile is suspended! Literally!!
        >Acute
        >scarcity of funds and materials is obstructing the conclusion of this one-year long
        >project.
        >We urgently require about Rs 2
        >,00,000
        >towards fabrication, erection, fencing, water
        >connection, lighting, greening, seating etc and some used material such as
        >steel ropes, large steel and sewage pipes, angles etc. plus a small recurring
        >sum for maintenance

        >Please
        >consider extending your material support, to whatever extent you can, to
        >fulfill this dream of harmony through recreation and
        >revive
        >the suspended smile
        >.
        >Indeed, you can help even by forwarding this mail to your resourceful friends
        >or otherwise just by spreading a word around. If we get extra pennies more mini-parks
        >will come up
        >..

        >MUSKAAN
        >is a
        >division of
        >SPRAT. SPRAT
        >is a
        >registered charitable trust and society, headed by the former
        >RBI Governor, Dr I. G. Patel, and the former Science Minister of
        >GOI
        >and well known economist Prof Y. K. Alagh. Swami
        >Agnivesh, Mahesh Bhatt,
        >Mallika Sarabhai
        >,
        >IIMA Professors etc are amongst its Governors. Committed to empowerment of the
        >impoverished, spread of communal harmony and promotion of rational thinking,
        >SPRAT
        >’s major initiatives lie in basic literacy [nearly 200 batches educating
        >over 3,500 students], extended learning [six
        >CARAVAN
        >Centres in 5 cities] and sustainable livelihood.
        >SPRAT
        >enjoys Income Tax exemption u/s 80G and FCRA registration for
        >foreign donations. Your contribution solicited favouring SPRAT’s FCRA Account, at
        >Union Bank of India, Museum Road Br., Paldi, Ahmedabad 380 007 INDIA.

      • SPRAT PRO
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2005
          We are into educational, economic and social empowerment. Our divisions like CARAVAN and  TALEEM handle these issues.

          Support Co-ordinator

          SPRAT
          [Society for the Promotion of Rational Thinking]

          SF-8, Rajnagar Complex, Narayan Nagar Road,
          Paldi, AHMEDABAD 380 007

          Tel: +79-2663 46 55 /66 /77
          Fax: +79-2661 20 49
          Web: