Youth Information: August 2006 -II: Incoming events.

  • ICYO India
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28 9:48 AM
      Hutch Marathon

      ICYOYOUTH INFORMATION August 2006 - II

                          (E-Newsletter from ICYO, the network of youth organizations in India)

      Children Festival in Indore

      Akhil Bharatiya Bal Anand Mahotsav (All India Children Festival) will be held in Indore  Madhya Pradesh from November 12 to 14, 2006. It is open for the student from class 6 to class 10 (both girls and boys).

      For more detail and participation contact:

       General Secretary

       Bal Anand Mahotsav Aayojan Samiti

       301 Ishan Appartments,  13/2 Snehlata ganj,  Indore (M.P.)  452 003 India

       Phone : 91-0731-2434972;  Mobile : 09826011413, 09826877687

       E-mail : bal_anandam@...

      Hutch Marathon in Delhi

      Hutch Delhi Half Marathon in 2005 was the successful event in thousands ran for causes near to their hearts.

      The year again, the planning is going on to organize it on 15 October 2006 The Udayan Care appeal to young people enroll for the event and 'RUN SO THAT OUR CHILDREN COULD FLY'.

      Call for participation, donation at Udayan Care to Kiran Modi (9810509654); Shrila Bajoria (9810810099); Deepak (9810039183).

      ###############################

      Youth Information is published by

      Indian Committee of Youth Organizations (ICYO)

      194-A, Arjun Nagar, Safdarjang Enclave

      New Delhi 110029, India

      Phone: 91 9811729093  / 91 11 26183978 Fax 91 11 26198423

      Email: icyoindia@... / icyo@...

      Web:  www.icyo.in

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      Indian Committee of Youth Organizations (ICYO) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental network organization, committed in developing areas of mutual cooperation and understanding among different youth voluntary agencies, youth groups, clubs and individuals working in the field of youth welfare in India.

      ICYO functions as an umbrella organization of youth NGOs in India. It's family consists of over 356 organizations spread in 122 districts of 22 states from different corners of India.

      Affiliation:  Consultative (Roster) Status with ECOSOC, United Nations;
      Consultative Status with Commission on Sustainable Development;
      Full Member of World Assembly of Youth (WAY); Asian Youth Council (AYC);
      Youth for Habitat International Network (YFHIN); CRIN, South Asia Youth
      Environment Network (SAYEN), Affiliate group of ECPAT International, Thailand;
      ATSECE-DELHI, Indian Partner of AIDS Care Watch Campaign;
      Steering Committee member of World Bank's YDP Network;
      Working relation with Indian Association of Parliamentarians (IAPPD);
      International Medical Parliamentarians Organizations (IMPO);
      Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD);
      World Youth Foundation, Malaysia.

    • Diwakar Tejaswi
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31 1:49 AM
        Dear Forum Members,
        I wish to take this opportunity to share with you my preliminary alarming finding with regard to ART. At present i am treating about 65 full blown AIDS cases. As per the protocol after CD4 and clinical assessment i was putting the patients on 2 NRTI ( Mainly Zidovudine and Lamivudine) + 1 NNRTI ( Nevirapine if pt. is not on DOTS). But now i have analysed the 6 month old cohort and found that the occurance of marked anaemia  ( in 8 patients Hb decreased to less than 40%, who had Hb > 85% at the start of treatment ). I had to change them to Stavudine + Lamivudine combination among NRTI's.. May be we ( Indian Population) don't have enough reserve of Iron or there is some spl. genetic makeup that leads to faster depletion of Hb with Zidovudine or other hypothesis can be generated and tested.
        This is to kindly request the treating physicians to share their experiences with Zidovudine and anaemia.
        The other observation that i like to share with forum members is that the classical efficiency of transmission through heterosexual route ( 0.1% to 1%) is sometimes not fitting in my practical observation. i have 5 patients ( out of 65 pts) who got the infection in just 2-3 exposures. May be our natural immunity against virus is less compared to western world from where we got the classical transmission efficiency staistics or may be our population has more latent or active STDs that leads to increased efficiency of transmission.
        Dr Diwakar Tejaswi
        General Physician and Medical Director
        Regional AIDS Training Center and Network in India ( RATNEI)
        International Health Organization
        1, Harinaryan Complex
        Exhibition Road, Patna 800001
        India