Fwd: Re: volunteer opportunity for students

  • Ark Foundation
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2006

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
    • Biswanath Gouda
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2006
        Hello Shaheen,
        You can feel free to give my contact info to them and I will be more than willing to help them chalk out a plan as how they can go about it.

        My email is bisu_g@... and from there we can take the string of communications forward.

        Thanks and take Care,
        Biswanath

        Ark Foundation <arkitect95@...> wrote:

        Note: forwarded message attached.

        Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 20:47:10 -0700
        From: "shaheen ansari" <shaheen@...>
        To: "Arkitect Foundation" <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>
        CC: "Ark Foundationorg" <arkitect95@...>
        Subject: Fwd: Re: volunteer opportunity for students

        Friends
        I have received a request from Naina Lal who is planning to bring students from the US in the summer of 2007 to New Delhi as part of a 2 week trip to northern India. She says:
        "One option was to suggest that we do some community service while we are there visiting. Can you put me in touch with someone there or contact here in California who can help set this up. There would be approx 20 students in the age group 18 or above with 3 instructors in
        the age group 40 and above."

        I am forwarding our recent mails regarding this matter. For detail kindly go through it.

        Interested organization can contact us at:
        arkitect95@... or arkitect95@...

        Regards,
        Shaheen

        Dr. Shaheen Ansari
        Programme Coordinator
        Ark Foundation
        www.arkindia.org.in
        http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/arkitect95/my_photos
        Phone: +919868740449,9868701491,9312838170

        --- Begin forwarded message:

        From: "naina lal"
        To: shaheen@...
        Subject: Re: volunteer opportunity for students
        Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:08:46 -0700

        Thank you for your reply Shaheen. I will certainly check the options
        you mentioned.

        From a distance point of view, since we are going to be landing into
        New Delhi, UP options sound better - am I right? Though weather point
        of view not. Thats the problem at my end - to fit something in the
        itinerary that would be useful to the students and comfortable enough
        for them. The students have summer break here in the US from end June
        to end August which are not the best months to visit India. So am
        trying to look at opportunities in the hills or up north. Any thoughts
        and suggestions from your side are most appreciated.

        Thanks

        Naina Lal

        On 5/2/06, shaheen ansari wrote:
        > Dear Naina Lal
        >
        > For community service you can consider a village in Bhagalpur (Bihar) where Ark can introduce you to its partner organization Jaiprabha (http://jaiprabha.org/). I will speak to its director Deepak regarding assignments for your volunteers. We can also think of going to Jamalpur in Aligarh and Kataila village in Ghazipu (both inUP).
        >
        > Let me know your programme so that we can work in it accordingly.
        > Regards,
        > Shaheen
        >

        > Dr. Shaheen Ansari
        > Programme Coordinator
        > Ark Foundation
        > www.arkindia.org.in
        > http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/arkitect95/my_photos
        > Phone: +919868740449,9868701491,9312838170

        The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. - Mahatma Gandhi
        Biswanath Patita-Heena  Gouda MD, MPH