Abduction of Indian Engineer by Taliban Is A Brutal Act -Dr.M.K.Sherwani

  • Sherwani Mustafa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29 8:58 AM
      April,29,2006

      PRESS STATEMENT

      On behalf of All India Muslim Forum as also
      individually, I strongly condemn the abduction of
      Indian Engineer Suryanarayan, by Taliban militia in
      Afghanistan.I fervently appeal to the abductors to
      release the hostage forthwith so that through their
      irresponsible and inhuman acts, no further damage can
      be done to the image of Islam and the Muslim
      community.

      The obscurantist Taliban militia who purport to
      execute such crimes under the garb of Islamic
      ideology, must realise that by such barbarities, they
      are giving ammunition to anti-Islamic forces the world
      over which are making relentless efforts to project
      Islam as a religion of intolerance and cruelty. They
      (the abductors) must not be oblivious to the centuries
      old relations between India and Afghanistan, and the
      constructive role which the former has been playing in
      restructuring the economy of the latter.

      Dr. Mustafa Kamal Sherwani
      Former President, All India Muslim Forum
      3, Sherwani Nagar, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, India

      Presently, Dean, Faculty of Law and Shariah
      Zanzibar University, Republic of Tanzania
      East Africa

      Mobile : 00255-777-420360

      www.hindustantimes.com (April,29,2006)
      Taliban warn Indians, threaten to kill hostage

      Associated Press

      Kandahar, April 29, 2006|20:07 IST

      Taliban militia, holding an Indian engineer hostage
      in southern Afghanistan, on Saturday evening
      threatened to kill him if all Indians do not leave the
      country within 24 hours.

      The threat has prompted the the government to
      intensify efforts to secure his early and safe
      release.