Fwd: Save, Strengthen and Transform Government Schools into Neighbourhood Common Schools

  • Shaheen Ansari
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2014
    FYI

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: niranjan Aradhya <aradhyaniranjan@...>
    Date: 26 June 2014 11:40
    Subject: Save, Strengthen and Transform Government Schools into Neighbourhood Common Schools
    To: niranjan Aradhya <aradhyaniranjan@...>

    Dear All,

    I am extremely happy to share the report of enrollment campaign and school re-opening programme    appeared in shikshana varathe (around 50000 copies are in circulation). The enrollment campaign to admit children to government school   was jointly organized by CCL-NLSIU , Karnataka State Primary school Teachers Association and School Development and Monitoring Committee Coordination Forum. The Programme was inaugurated by honourable education minister. Symbolically children were distributed books, uniforms, school bag, shoes etc. was distributed to children joining class I. the thematic slogan was “Save, Strengthen and Transform Government Schools into Neighbourhood Common Schools” . Two children left private school and joined government school was received by the minister.

    Regards,

    Niranjanaradhya

    Niranjanaradhya.V.P
    Fellow and Programme Head ,
    Universalisation of Equitable Quality Education Programme
    Centre for Child and the Law
    National Law School of India University
    Telefax:080-23160528

    --
  • rajagopalan ss
    Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2014
      A group in Viruthachalam is doing a similar campaign with considerable success. In addition to well-attended street level meetings, the door-to-door contacts were resorted to. Simultaneously they agitate against high fees levied by private schools. They have exploded the myth of English Medium Education.They have brought out booklets and leaflets.
      I am actively involved in their campaign.
      ssr

      From: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      To: arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:15:23 +0530