Deep bury the cynicism now. Greet AAP and Kejriwal whole heartedly

  • Paadam Pm
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2013
      Inline image 1   Inline image 2

      Hi,

      When a coloured young lawyer by name Barack Obama came to power in January 2009 in the world's second largest democracy cum Super power, hopes were raised not only in America but across the world that true change has at last arrived.  Millions across the world were endeared to his slogan "Change We Can Believe In." So much so that Nobel Peace prize was awarded Obama within 9 months of his coming to power in 'anticipation' that he will bring in 'peace and change'. Unfortunately, Barack Obama, now in his second term, is still struggling to bring in the much needed change in the world.

      Now, another angry young man Arvind Kejriwal has stunningly and successfully challenged the existing power equation in the World's largest Democracy. What has happened in Delhi Ramlila Maidan today is nothing short of Political Earthquake.  The entire political system has been turned upside down by the young leader and his milling followers.

      Success of AAP will be a shining lesson to all those non-believers, Chauvinists and Cynics that there is no better system of governance in the world than Democracy. However, imperfect and convoluted it may be, only Democracy provides the opportunities hidden within it to clean up its imperfections and contradictions and offer hope for justice and equity. Democracy is the only hope for the world. This is where we Indians score squarely and handsomely over China.

      If AAP and Kejriwal succeeds, it will really inspire democratic institutions across nations. The world will become a better place to live in. Like the Arab spring which ushered in change in few nations and societies, the phenomenal success of this common man's party in Delhi may trigger a wave of democratic activity in other parts of the world.

      So much hope has been raised today. There are so many vested interests, not only in India, but all over the world, holding their breath for AAP to falter and fail so that they can pounce on them immediately and get back their turf to wield unequal power for their selfish interests.

      Let us keep our criticism and cynicism for a while, possibly deep bury it and extend our whole-hearted greetings to AAP and its leadership. And strengthen our resolve to cherish and protect our Democracy. Jai Hind.
      --
      To read all the issues of paadam, Pl visit our web www.paadam.in &
       blog  www.paadam-pm.blogspot.com and leave your comments.

      Regards
      A.Narayanan (98403 93581)
      Editor
      Paadam, Monthly Magazine in Tamil for Development Politics
      2/628, Rapid Nagar,
      Gerugambakkam
      Chennai - 602 101.

    • Mohammad Imran
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2013
        Now, another angry young man Arvind Kejriwal has stunningly and successfully............

        An angry young man?

        Really!!!!!!!!!!

        Were you dreaming when Kejriwal spoke in Ram Lila Maidan?

        On Dec 28, 2013, at 4:00 PM, Paadam Pm wrote:

        <image.png>   <image.png>

[...]

      • M Ghazali Khan