Condolence of Dr. Vinod Raina

  • Ambarish Rai
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 12, 2013
      Dear Friends,

      We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr. Vinod Raina, an eminent educationist and activist on 12 September 2013. Dr. Raina was a friend, philosopher and guide for the country-wide campaign for universal quality education, and hence remained an indispensable resource person and inspiration for all the activities of the Forum. He was a great campaigner for promoting scientific temper and a co-founder of the most talked about experiment in alternative vision of school education, Eklavaya  and  of the people’s education through Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti. His loss to the cause of people’s education is irreparable and we shall miss him greatly in our future campaigns.

      We deeply express our condolence at his departure and pray that his family members have the strength to bear this great loss.

      Regards

      Ambarish Rai
      National Convenor
      RTE Forum
      53, Sangha Rachna,
      Lodhi Estate,
      New Delhi-110003
      Ph: 011-24611700, 24618660
      Fax: 011-24616061

      Website,
      http://www.rteforumindia.org/

      Stay connected on Facebook,
      http://www.facebook.com/Right.to.Education.India

      Stay connected on Twitter,
      https://twitter.com/rteforumindia

    • KA Jayakumar
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 12, 2013
        Dear Ambarish

        He was a great man with passion

        We will really miss him

        Regards.
        K. A. Jayakumar | Associate Director – Delhi Programme Monitoring Office |
        World Vision India |

        [Postal Address: C/o CNI Bhawan, 4th Floor, N0. 16, Pandit Pant Marg, New
        Delhi – 110001, Phone No: 91 - 11 – 42380008, 4320000, cell: 09810547739,
        www.worldvision.in]

        World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organisation working to create
        lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in
        poverty and injustice.  World Vision serves all people regardless of
        religion, caste, race, ethnicity or gender. This transmission is intended
        for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and
        may contain information that is confidential and may not be disclosed under
        applicable law. You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
        distribution or duplication of this transmission by someone other than the
        intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited. If you
        return email and delete the original message. Thank you. This disclaimer
        may not be removed for any purpose.

        Ambarish Rai
        <amb1857@...
        m> To
        Sent by: rteforum
        rteforum@googlegr <rteforum@...>,
        oups.com delhirteforum
        <delhirteforum@...>,
        Krishna Kumar
        13 Sep 2013 10:39 <anhsirk.kumar@...>, csdnd
        AM <csdnd@...>, Apporva
        Anand <apoorvanand@...>,
        "Dr. Niranjan"
        <aradhyaniranjan@...>,
        Nirantar Resource Centre
        <nirantar.mail@...>, John
        Kurrien <johnkurrien@...>,
        Arkitechindia
        <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>,
        Janaki Rajan
        <rajan.janaki@...>, venita
        kaul <vkaul46@...>, Vasanthi
        Devi <vasanthideviv@...>,
        Dinesh Abrol
        <dinesh.abrol@...>, Harsh
        Mander <manderharsh@...>,
        Vandana Prasad
        <prasad.vandana@...>,
        vsarup@..., Maninder
        Kaur-Dwivedi
        <mkaurdwivedi@...>, Anita
        Rampal <anita.rampal@...>,
        govinda <rgovinda@...>,
        Jandhyala Tilak <jtilak@...>
        cc

        Subject
        Condolence of Dr. Vinod Raina

        Dear Friends,

        We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr.
        Vinod Raina, an eminent educationist and activist on 12 September 2013. Dr.
        Raina was a friend, philosopher and guide for the country-wide campaign for
        universal quality education, and hence remained an indispensable resource
        person and inspiration for all the activities of the Forum. He was a great
        campaigner for promoting scientific temper and a co-founder of the most
        talked about experiment in alternative vision of school education,
        Eklavaya  and  of the people’s education through Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti.
        His loss to the cause of people’s education is irreparable and we shall
        miss him greatly in our future campaigns.

        We c and pray that his family members have the strength to bear this great
        loss.

        Regards
        Ambarish Rai
        National Convenor
        RTE Forum
        53, Sangha Rachna,
        Lodhi Estate,
        New Delhi-110003
        Ph: 011-24611700, 24618660
        Fax: 011-24616061

        Website,
        http://www.rteforumindia.org/

        Stay connected on Facebook,
        http://www.facebook.com/Right.to.Education.India

        Stay connected on Twitter,
        https://twitter.com/rteforumindia

      • Ashok Chowdhury
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013
          Dear Com Ambarish,
          Saddened to know about Vinod's demise. It was sudden shock since we did not know about his critical illness.He will always be remembered for his critical mind on all contemporary issues including scientific education system of which he was a pioneer.Sudden departure of an old fellow traveler does bring helpless sadness. But we must resolve to carry on the mission he was engaged with dedication and passion. Our condolence to his family and friends.
          Sadly
          Ashok Choudhary
          AIUFWP
                       P.S. When are you organizing the memorial meeting ?

          On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Avinash Kumar <avinash@...> wrote:

          Dear Ambarishbhai, a huge, huge and irreparable loss at a time when we were just gearing up for a long battle on rte front. An inspirational figure we will miss everyday!

          Avinash
          Sent from Lotus Traveler

          Ambarish Rai --- Condolence of Dr. Vinod Raina ---

          From:"Ambarish Rai" <amb1857@...>
          To"rteforum" <rteforum@...>, "delhirteforum" <delhirteforum@...>, "Krishna Kumar" <anhsirk.kumar@...>, "csdnd" <csdnd@...>, "Apporva Anand" <apoorvanand@...>, "Dr. Niranjan" <aradhyaniranjan@...>, "Nirantar Resource Centre" <nirantar.mail@...>, "John Kurrien" <johnkurrien@...>, "Arkitechindia" <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>, "Janaki Rajan" <rajan.janaki@...>, "venita kaul" <vkaul46@...>, "Vasanthi Devi" <vasanthideviv@...>, "Dinesh Abrol" <dinesh.abrol@...>, "Harsh Mander" <manderharsh@...>, "Vandana Prasad" <prasad.vandana@...>, vsarup@..., "Maninder Kaur-Dwivedi" <mkaurdwivedi@...>, "Anita Rampal" <anita.rampal@...>, "govinda" <rgovinda@...>, "Jandhyala Tilak" <jtilak@...>
          Date:Fri, Sep 13, 2013 10:35 AM
          Subject Condolence of Dr. Vinod Raina

[...]

          C/O Vikalp Social Organisation
          11, Mangal Nagar
          Saharanpur - 247001
          Uttar Pradesh, India
          Mobile: 09412231206, 09868857733

        • Sameer Dossani
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 14, 2013
            Dear all, I thought some of you may be interested in this video of Vinod ji singing from the last time he visited our house. The words are particularly touching now that he is no more.

            Best,
            Sameer.
          • sadhna_saxena saxena
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 15, 2013
              Thanks a lot for this.
              Sadhna Saxena

              On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Sameer Dossani <sameer.dossani@...> wrote:

              Dear all, I thought some of you may be interested in this video of Vinod ji singing from the last time he visited our house. The words are particularly touching now that he is no more.

              Best,
              Sameer.

            • rajeev seth
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 15, 2013
                On behalf of Indian Child Abuse Neglect & Child labour (ICANCL) group, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, please convey our heartfelt condolences to Dr Vinod Raina's family. He was a passionate educationist activist and provided inspiration to all of through his work on basic Right to Education for all the children in our country. Does any one know how this happened so suddenly? We shall all indeed miss him deeply.

                Sincerely,

                Dr Rajeev Seth

                BoxbeThis message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (amb1857@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

                --

                Dr. Rajeev Seth

                MD (AIIMS), DNBE, FIAP, DABP & FAAP (USA)

                Chairperson, Indian Child Abuse Neglect & Child Labour (ICANCL) Group

                President, Indian Academy of Pediatrics Delhi

                Executive Councilor, International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse & Neglect (ISPCAN)

                E 10 Green Park Main

                 New Delhi 110016, India

                Tel:  +91-11-26527647

                Fax:  +91-11-26560077

                Mobile:  +91-98115-09460

                Email:  sethrajeev@...

                Skype ID:  drrajeevseth

                Website: www. icancl.com

              • Sreedhar
                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 15, 2013
                  Its such a irreparable loss  that it will take many to even partially meet the humongous contribution.
                  In sadness of losing yet another friend
                  Sreedhar

                  On Friday, 13 September 2013, Ambarish Rai <amb1857@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Friends,
                  > We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr. Vinod Raina, an eminent educationist and activist on 12 September 2013. Dr. Raina was a friend, philosopher and guide for the country-wide campaign for universal quality education, and hence remained an indispensable resource person and inspiration for all the activities of the Forum. He was a great campaigner for promoting scientific temper and a co-founder of the most talked about experiment in alternative vision of school education, Eklavaya  and  of the people’s education through Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti. His loss to the cause of people’s education is irreparable and we shall miss him greatly in our future campaigns.
                  >
                  > We deeply express our condolence at his departure and pray that his family members have the strength to bear this great loss.
                  >
                  > Regards
                  >
                  > Ambarish Rai
                  > National Convenor
                  > RTE Forum
                  > 53, Sangha Rachna,
                  > Lodhi Estate,
                  > New Delhi-110003
                  > Ph: 011-24611700, 24618660
                  > Fax: 011-24616061
                  >
                  > Website,
                  > http://www.rteforumindia.org/
                  >
                  > Stay connected on Facebook,
                  > http://www.facebook.com/Right.to.Education.India
                  >
                  > Stay connected on Twitter,
                  > https://twitter.com/rteforumindia

                  --

                  Managing Trustee, Environics Trust
                  Chairperson, mines minerals & PEOPLE

                  photo.php.jpg

                • Sreedhar
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 15, 2013

                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 15, 2013
                      Its such a irreparable loss  that it will take many to even partially meet the humongous contribution.
                      In sadness of losing yet another friend
                      Sreedhar

                      On Friday, 13 September 2013, Ambarish Rai <amb1857@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Friends,
                      > We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr. Vinod Raina, an eminent educationist and activist on 12 September 2013. Dr. Raina was a friend, philosopher and guide for the country-wide campaign for universal quality education, and hence remained an indispensable resource person and inspiration for all the activities of the Forum. He was a great campaigner for promoting scientific temper and a co-founder of the most talked about experiment in alternative vision of school education, Eklavaya  and  of the people’s education through Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti. His loss to the cause of people’s education is irreparable and we shall miss him greatly in our future campaigns.
                      >
                      > We deeply express our condolence at his departure and pray that his family members have the strength to bear this great loss.
                      >
                      > Regards
                      >
                      > Ambarish Rai
                      > National Convenor
                      > RTE Forum
                      > 53, Sangha Rachna,
                      > Lodhi Estate,
                      > New Delhi-110003
                      > Ph: 011-24611700, 24618660
                      > Fax: 011-24616061
                      >
                      > Website,
                      > http://www.rteforumindia.org/
                      >
                      > Stay connected on Facebook,
                      > http://www.facebook.com/Right.to.Education.India
                      >
                      > Stay connected on Twitter,
                      > https://twitter.com/rteforumindia

                      --

                      Managing Trustee, Environics Trust
                      Chairperson, mines minerals & PEOPLE
                      177, Nebsarai,
                      Main IGNOU Road
                      New Delhi - 110068
                      Telefax:91-11-29533957
                      www.environicsindia.in
                      You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind. M K Gandhi

                      photo.php.jpg

                    • Pradipta Nayak
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 15, 2013
                        The deparature of Sri Raina is great loss for all of us those who are working for education and education field in general

                        Regards
                        Pradipta

                        Its such a irreparable loss  that it will take many to even partially meet the humongous contribution.
                        In sadness of losing yet another friend
                        Sreedhar

                        On Friday, 13 September 2013, Ambarish Rai <amb1857@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Friends,
                        > We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr. Vinod Raina, an eminent educationist and activist on 12 September 2013. Dr. Raina was a friend, philosopher and guide for the country-wide campaign for universal quality education, and hence remained an indispensable resource person and inspiration for all the activities of the Forum. He was a great campaigner for promoting scientific temper and a co-founder of the most talked about experiment in alternative vision of school education, Eklavaya  and  of the people’s education through Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti. His loss to the cause of people’s education is irreparable and we shall miss him greatly in our future campaigns.
                        >
                        > We deeply express our condolence at his departure and pray that his family members have the strength to bear this great loss.
                        >
                        > Regards
                        >
                        > Ambarish Rai
                        > National Convenor
                        > RTE Forum
                        > 53, Sangha Rachna,
                        > Lodhi Estate,
                        > New Delhi-110003
                        > Ph: 011-24611700, 24618660
                        > Fax: 011-24616061
                        >
                        > Website,
                        > http://www.rteforumindia.org/
                        >
                        > Stay connected on Facebook,
                        > http://www.facebook.com/Right.to.Education.India
                        >
                        > Stay connected on Twitter,
                        > https://twitter.com/rteforumindia

                        --

                        Managing Trustee, Environics Trust
                        Chairperson, mines minerals & PEOPLE
                        177, Nebsarai,
                        Main IGNOU Road
                        New Delhi - 110068
                        Telefax:91-11-29533957
                        www.environicsindia.in
                        You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind. M K Gandhi

                        photo.php.jpg

                      • Prof. Subhendu Ghosh
                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 16, 2013
                          Dear Friends,
                          Hearty condolences. Will there be any memorial meeting for Vinod in Delhi? Pl. let me know.
                          Awaiting your response.
                          With solidarity,
                          Subhendu
                          9968018654.

                          On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Sameer Dossani <sameer.dossani@...> wrote:

                          Dear all, I thought some of you may be interested in this video of Vinod ji singing from the last time he visited our house. The words are particularly touching now that he is no more.

                          Best,
                          Sameer.

                        • poonam natarajan
                          Message 12 of 27 , Sep 16, 2013
                            Dr Vinod Rainas sudden going is very sad and shocking.It is an irreplaceable loss.He will certainly be remembered
                            by many of us, for his invaluable contributions.

                            Poonam Natarajan
                            Chairperson
                            National Trust,
                            Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
                            16B, Bada Bazar Marg, Old Rajendra Nagar
                            New Delhi-110060
                            Phone 011-43187880
                            Cell 09868524977
                            www.thenationaltrust.in

                            "Knowledge is power, sharing knowledge is progress "

                            "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing - Helen Keller."

                            The deparature of Sri Raina is great loss for all of us those who are working for education and education field in general

                            Regards
                            Pradipta

                            Its such a irreparable loss  that it will take many to even partially meet the humongous contribution.
                            In sadness of losing yet another friend
                            Sreedhar

                            On Friday, 13 September 2013, Ambarish Rai <amb1857@...> wrote:

                            > Dear Friends,
                            > We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr. Vinod Raina, an eminent educationist and activist on 12 September 2013. Dr. Raina was a friend, philosopher and guide for the country-wide campaign for universal quality education, and hence remained an indispensable resource person and inspiration for all the activities of the Forum. He was a great campaigner for promoting scientific temper and a co-founder of the most talked about experiment in alternative vision of school education, Eklavaya  and  of the people’s education through Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti. His loss to the cause of people’s education is irreparable and we shall miss him greatly in our future campaigns.
                            >
                            > We deeply express our condolence at his departure and pray that his family members have the strength to bear this great loss.
                            >
                            > Regards
                            >
                            > Ambarish Rai
                            > National Convenor
                            > RTE Forum
                            > 53, Sangha Rachna,
                            > Lodhi Estate,
                            > New Delhi-110003
                            > Ph: 011-24611700, 24618660
                            > Fax: 011-24616061
                            >
                            > Website,
                            > http://www.rteforumindia.org/
                            >
                            > Stay connected on Facebook,
                            > http://www.facebook.com/Right.to.Education.India
                            >
                            > Stay connected on Twitter,
                            > https://twitter.com/rteforumindia

                            --

                            Managing Trustee, Environics Trust
                            Chairperson, mines minerals & PEOPLE
                            177, Nebsarai,
                            Main IGNOU Road
                            New Delhi - 110068
                            Telefax:91-11-29533957
                            www.environicsindia.in
                            You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind. M K Gandhi

                            photo.php.jpg

                          • Sarwat Ali
                            Message 13 of 27 , Sep 16, 2013
                              Our heartfelt condolences to Anita Rampal and the family members, the loss is huge, void created  can not be filled. May God give courage to  the family members to bear the loss and peace be upon the departed soul.

                              On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM, sadhna_saxena saxena <sadhna1954@...> wrote:

                              Thanks a lot for this.
                              Sadhna Saxena

                              On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Sameer Dossani <sameer.dossani@...> wrote:

                              Dear all, I thought some of you may be interested in this video of Vinod ji singing from the last time he visited our house. The words are particularly touching now that he is no more.

                              Best,
                              Sameer.

                              --
                              Dr (Ms) sarwat ali
                              pocket A/3C sukhdev Vihar , DDA Flats,

                              9810525317

                            • Urmila Sarkar
                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 16, 2013

                                Dear colleagues and friends,

                                I want to share with you a message that I have sent to all our UNICEF colleagues across India.

                                ****

                                Dear colleagues,

                                It greatly saddens me to write of the passing away of our dear partner and friend, Dr. Vinod Raina last Thursday September 12, 2013. As many of you know, Dr. Raina was a physicist by profession who resigned from Delhi University in 1985 to devote himself to the cause of quality education with equity for every girl and boy across India. He initiated a number of important movements for educational transformation and social change including most notably, the NGO Bharat Gyan Vigyan Samiti (BGVS), the People's Science Movement in India and Eklavya. He was a member of numerous high level and critical decision making bodies including the Central Advisory Board for Education (CABE), the highest decision-making body on education. His interests spanned much wider than education as he was deeply engaged in global movements on the environment and sustainable development.

                                He is best known in recent years as one of the key architects and most ardent advocate for the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (2009). UNICEF forged a strong partnership with Dr. Raina in both ensuring its enactment and implementation. He was also part of our initial efforts to engage with the Government of Jammu & Kashmir last year on quality education which he felt strongly about since the Act does not extend to the state. Born in J&K, himself, he would have been very gratified to know that the state held its first ever consultation RTE last Thursday.

                                While he did not see the promise of RTE achieved in his lifetime, he was critical in initiating a revolution in school education. It will be up to us to forge ahead until one day every child is guaranteed their fundamental right to quality education - one that helps them to acquire basic literacy and numeracy, enjoy learning without fear, and feel valued and included irrespective of where they come from.

                                On a personal note, I will miss him greatly and we are all still grieving at his sudden departure from our lives. I have always admired his conviction, passion and drive to see justice for humanity and for our children. Above all, Dr. Vinod Raina was a kind man always ready to give time to anyone and anywhere in the country if it meant that more people would join the cause of RTE.

                                Finally, I would like to let you know that there is a Memorial Meeting being organized for Dr. Raina by the BGVS in association with the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library at the Teen Murti Bhavan Auditorium this Wednesday 18 September starting at 5 PM onwards. Please do join and share with others.

                                Urmila

                                Urmila (Uma) Sarkar
                                Chief, Education
                                UNICEF India Country Office
                                73 Lodi Estate
                                New Delhi - 110 003
                                Telephone: +91-11-24606208
                                Facsimile: +91-1124691410, 24627521
                                Mobile: +91-9971788850
                                www.unicef.in

                                Inactive hide details for Ambarish Rai ---13-09-2013 10:39:49---Dear Friends, We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the Ambarish Rai ---13-09-2013 10:39:49---Dear Friends, We, the members of RTE Forum, are shocked at the premature demise of Dr.

                                Ambarish Rai <amb1857@...>

                                rteforum <rteforum@...>, delhirteforum <delhirteforum@...>, Krishna Kumar <anhsirk.kumar@...>, csdnd <csdnd@...>, Apporva Anand <apoorvanand@...>, "Dr. Niranjan" <aradhyaniranjan@...>, Nirantar Resource Centre <nirantar.mail@...>, John Kurrien <johnkurrien@...>, Arkitechindia <arkitectindia@yahoogroups.com>, Janaki Rajan <rajan.janaki@...>, venita kaul <vkaul46@...>, Vasanthi Devi <vasanthideviv@...>, Dinesh Abrol <dinesh.abrol@...>, Harsh Mander <manderharsh@...>, Vandana Prasad <prasad.vandana@...>, vsarup@..., Maninder Kaur-Dwivedi <mkaurdwivedi@...>, Anita Rampal <anita.rampal@...>, govinda <rgovinda@...>, Jandhyala Tilak <jtilak@...>

                                13-09-13 10:39

                                Condolence of Dr. Vinod Raina

                                Sent by:

                                rteforum@...

                                Message 15 of 27 , Sep 17, 2013
                                  Memorial meeting to remember our friend, educationist and comrade
                                  Dr Vinod Raina

                                  Venue- Teen Murti Bhavan Auditorium

                                  18, September, 2013
                                  4.30 Pm

                                  Pl do come

                                  On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Prof. Subhendu Ghosh <profsubhendu@...> wrote:

[...]

                                • Kamal Jha
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Sep 17, 2013
                                    Dear Sameer,
                                    Thanks for sharing this wonderful video. Really touchy words and very emotional!!

                                    Regards,
                                    Kamal

                                    On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Prof. Subhendu Ghosh <profsubhendu@...> wrote:

                                    Dear Friends,
                                    Hearty condolences. Will there be any memorial meeting for Vinod in Delhi? Pl. let me know.
                                    Awaiting your response.
                                    With solidarity,
                                    Subhendu
                                    9968018654.

                                    On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Sameer Dossani <sameer.dossani@...> wrote:

                                    Dear all, I thought some of you may be interested in this video of Vinod ji singing from the last time he visited our house. The words are particularly touching now that he is no more.

                                    Best,
                                    Sameer.

                                    --

                                    Kamal Nath Jha
                                    Regional Budgeting and Planning Specialist, RMSA-TCA for DFID

                                  • Sharad Behar
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Sep 17, 2013

                                      Passing away of our dear friend Vinod Raina is a severe personal blow to me and all our friends in Eklavya and BGVS. I first met Vinod more than 35 years ago and became friends soon after. We worked together both in Eklavya and BG VS. Calling him only an educationist is too narrow an interpretation of his broad vision and mission to make the world much better, it possible, a little better certainly than what we have inherited. Education and science movement were only two of the platforms he used for the purpose.

                                      During the founding days of Eklavya, I remember him working hard even after marathon brainstorming to complete formalities that led to its establishment as a legal entity. His extraordinary ability to capture the core of all programs that we initiated and in which a group of highly talented and creative colleagues were immersed, synthesise them seamlessly and forcefully present them as a part of, and step towards the larger vision and mission of the institution made him the most authentic spokesperson of the new institution that had arisen in the horizon of education. His clear and effective articulation and advocacy was to a great extent responsible for making the institution well known in the country and abroad within a short period of its establishment.

                                                  His unwavering social commitment, empathy with the downtrodden and relentless struggle for justice will be remembered by all those who have known him. His ardent desire to work for his mission with usual unabated enthusiasm was behind his courageous fight against the killer disease. Although he was suffering from cancer for more than three years, he was working with usual energy, enthusiasm, sharpness and alertness during the whole period. That is why even those who were close to him did not even know of the relentless battle against the disease he was simultaneously carrying out. We had travelled to Bhopal from Delhi together about a month or two ago, when in Bhopal he conducted the workshop on right to education fully in his elements. Nobody could have even dreamt at that time that he will leave us mourning so soon.

                                                  Our heart goes to, and we share the grief and the sense of irreparable loss with, Anita and the family.

                                      WITH WARM REGARDS

                                      SHARAD BEHAR

                                      E-4/12,ARERA COLONY

                                      BHOPAL---462016

                                      TELE: 0755-2423220

                                      &

                                      253,NEAR AAM BAGICHA

                                      SUNDAR NAGAR

                                      MAHADEW GHAT ROAD

                                      RAIPUR---492013

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Sep 17, 2013
                                        In Hyderbad Ambrish Bhai, but please my homage to a great human being.
                                        Regards
                                        Mazher

                                        On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Ambarish Rai <amb1857@...> wrote:

[...]

                                        Executive Director,
                                        COVA
                                        20-4-10, Charminar, Hyderabad, India
                                        Mobile: 0091- 9849178111, 9394544244
                                        mazherhussain11@...

                                        COVA (Confederation of Voluntary Associations), is a national network of voluntary organisations working for communal harmony in India and peace in South Asia. One of the very few organisations that has operations from grassroots initiatives to international policy interventions, COVA is engaged in training 15,000 children, youth and women in the city of Hyderabad (India) for responsible citizenship and effective social activism; collaborations with over 1000 organisations at the national level to promote communal harmony in India and secure governance from grassroots; advocacy with the state and national governments for pro-poor and sustainable policies;  networking with organisations across South Asia to facilitate better understanding and peace in the region through increased people to people contacts; and engagement with multilateral bodies like the United Nations Organisation, G20, OIC and others for structural transformations of the world order to make society  more equitable, sustainable, just and peaceful.

                                      • COVA network
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Sep 17, 2013
                                          Dear Prof. Subhendu ji,

                                          Very sad to note that Dr. Vinod Raina is not more amongst us now.  This is a great loss to the civil society.  Our condolences to the bereaved family.  May Almighty give strength to his family members to come out of this loss.  We pray for peace to the departed soul.

                                          With regards,
                                          Mohammed Turab
                                          Executive Secretary
                                          9347418735

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Sep 18, 2013
                                            Dear Ambrish,
                                            I am at Saharanpur now. So, I will not be able to join you in paying tribute to our departed comrade Vinod. Our condolence to all friends and his family members. From our union Roma will be participating in the meeting.
                                            Sadly and in solidarity
                                            Ashok
                                            AIUFWP